Ke70 Starts Then Stops, ? Disconnected Wire?

Bueno

So I was trying to start the newly purchased Ke70.

I put a bit of petrol down the carby throat and put jumper leads on it, it took a long time to get pump the fuel to the front as it hadnt been started for over a year.

After a bunch of attempted starts fuel finally arrived at the carby. It now starts really easy but as soon as i let go of the key from start to the on position it dies.

Then I noticed a bunch of wires not connected just below the coil, a short piece of wire wiuth stripped ends was stuck into one but looks to have fallen out during the start process and I'm thinking some of these should be joined?

20150308_165811.jpg

Can anybody tell me if theres like a power wire needs to be connected to the carby or something cause it feels like the fuel is just shutting off?

Thanks for any help,

Jes

Members dont see this ad

They should be plugged into each end of that white ceramic block pictured in the back of your picture, its called a Ballast resistor, but I'm guessing it might have died hence why they were joined together, you can join them back together to get it up your drive etc, but don't run it for long as it will burn out the points & also your coil & its not cutting the fuel supply its the power for the coil that is being cut off due to the ballast resistor not connected ...

Doesn't matter which end of the ballast resistor is plugged into which wire just plug it into which ever I easiest for the wire to stretch to ..

Just noticed there were 3 wires in your hand, I'm talking about the far white one to the right & possibly the other white coloured plug but as there is 2 wires on that plug you will need to turn on your ignition & see which wire out of the 2 on that plug has power & if neither has power try the black plug & once you find a power wire turn off the key & make sure the power is cut too ..

Edited by lexsmaz

Thanks, I was kind of guessing along those lines. As you can see there are 3 plugs though (black 1 wire plug far left, white 2 wires in middle and white 1 wire right) any ideas which to join?

I also wondered if one of the wires could be for a fuel cutoff similar to this http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/10326-2tc-problem-help/

Thanks Jes

Edited by Bueno

The fuel cut off wire wont finish down there & not sure if a KE70 has a fuel cut off ??

Read my little blog to see which wire as i have mentioned what to do / check for & as far as joining the wires together its the same wires you would us for the ballast resistor so same checking method, its definitely the far right one & possibly the black one ? but check for power first though on the other twin wire plug ..

Regards ..

Rob ..

Edited by lexsmaz

The black wire on the left is ignition, like Rob said join this to either end of the ballast resistor (little white rectangular block under near the coil in the picture) and then join the wire from the coil positive (the wire with the white plug on the right in the picture) to the other end of the ballast resistor. The plug in the middle does nothing from memory, it must have been for a factory option or something?

If it doesn't work then your ballast resistor is screwed or your points are stuffed/have the wrong gap etc.

Edited by rian