Fuel Level Sensor Wire

Members dont see this ad

Well one will be the earth and one the power. Earth will be white with black trace, power may well be yellow/red if yours is a TE7x chassis.

Any aftermarket gauge may require that you use the appropriate aftermarket sender. If you use the factory sender with an aftermarket gauge, you may find it is completely inaccurate.

Well one will be the earth and one the power. Earth will be white with black trace, power may well be yellow/red if yours is a TE7x chassis.

Any aftermarket gauge may require that you use the appropriate aftermarket sender. If you use the factory sender with an aftermarket gauge, you may find it is completely inaccurate.

Thanks! I have an aftermarket gauge from drift iridium that allows me to program it on an empty and full. Hopefully that will work!

You wont have power wires running to the fuel level sender as they generally run an exposed potentiometer so not a good thing to run power through with fuel & vapours there, they just work off a return earth ..

I'm not sure why it has 2 wires, one will be the earth feedback for the gauge to work & the other possibly a earth wire that will earth the tank sender unit itself, do you have a picture you can put up ..

Just had a thought if it has a low fuel level light, that will be the second wire, also a earth wire, you can earth a wire out at a time just for a short period & see wether the light comes on or the gauge rises ..

Edited by lexsmaz