Ae92 Sx Seca 4Age Timing Problem

KE70+AE92

hey

I bought a series 2 sx Seca about 2 months ago and I'm just going through and giving it a tune up.

I wanted to check the timing, so I checked the repair manual and it says timing should be 16 degrees, so I hooked up the timing light and found it was at 10 degrees. then I shorted the two pins on the diagnostic plug, that should drop the timing to base timing, rechecking the timing it was still at 10 degrees. The car is going into a diagnostic mode cause the engine light flashes when I short the pins.

Has anyone had a similar fault or knows why it would be doing this?

Thanks guys

Members dont see this ad

Definitely 10 degrees with the diagnostic. I haven't come across 16 degrees before? Should be right at 10 when shorted.

What code is the check engine light giving? It will flash once every three seconds when the diagnostic pin is shorted if all is OK. If something is wrong it will flash more than once.

It should be 16 with the diagnostic plug not shorted and should be 10 degrees with the diagnostic plug shorted, that's straight out of my max ellery repair manual

Mine is 10 degrees with both

The engine light just flashes contiuously a bit quicker then a second apart

I will take a photo of the repair manaul tomorrow and show you what it says.

Yeah I did but the engine light just continuously flashed in about 1 second intervals, which the book says is no faults

Yeah the engine was warm on the gauge the thermos were on. but I no there is a problem with my thermostats cause it takes ages to heat up and when on cold night and high speed the temperature drops a lot.

92IkX9.jpg

To me it just feels like there's no power down low Like a slug going up a hill when at low revs, I've never driving a 4age before so I don't no what to expect.

I will hopefully be fixing the thermostat on Saturday have a new one ready to go in.

I've only been putting 98 in it atm,

i'm going to give it a full service this weekend and reset the Ecu so hopefully it might fix this