Whats going to become of topgear with out Clarkson?

My THOUGHTS is that they will put some try hard to replace him and the show will stubble on for 12months then die.

Much like the aussie version which just didnt have it (what every it is)

I'm a fan of Clarkson i really think he makes it,with his smart ass comments and totally crazy antics.

Thoughts!!!!!!

Members dont see this ad

I saw the recent May interview and he implied that the show is the 3 of them, if Clarkson goes, they all go

Clarkson has also said he wont go quietly.. it's gonna drag on for a while I think

I hope the BBC, at the very least, show the remainder of the season.

Yawn indeed. I haven't watched in quite some time but it has been dead for years.

It used to be about the cars. Now its about a stupid race between a train, a car and a cyclist. Miraculously they all turn up at the same spot within seconds of each other. It really makes for great television when that happens.

I don't mind the specials, but yeah its not really a car show its more of a entertainment travel show.

Still, even though I don't religiously watch it like I used too its sad to see it end like this.

I think chris harris puts it well,

http://jalopnik.com/how-top-gear-made-us-all-care-about-cars-1688464737

I do respect the bbc's decision though. You can't assault people and expect to get away witb it just because you're a star on a famous tv show.

Edited by ke70dave

I was honestly looking forward to the Mclaren v. Porsche v. Ferrari showdown.

Show is dead without Clarkson IMO.

All in all, I'm a bit depressed about it. I found Top Gear pretty entertaining even if it was barely a car show.

EDIT: Oh and also, if you guys like Roadkill, you might like DRIVE. Typical American car type show but they have a separate series for highly modified, muscle, stock etc.

Edited by B-Lugg

Chris Harris has a great credible youtube motoring channel. He actually buys the cars he tests. He is a lot more personally into it than Clarkson ever was, he's spending his own money of Ferraris and the like to own and test for months at a time.

That said, the BBC has played itself into a corner now. Its the same as when an nrl player gets into a bar fight or rapes something. The club has to punish him, maybe sack him. So club sacks superstar talent to prove a point, only to see his star shine on for another team. The only real loser is the network/club/employer as the talent will just move on regardless and pay no real penalty. It wouldn't be a problem if he was employed by murdoch, packer, cuban, whoever these tv moguls are, but the BBC has to be seen to be proper.

CBFYhesUsAA39BX.jpg

As much as hes an opinionated old bugger, he was the guts of that show. Any other formulas of Top Gear presenters have been crap and failed (US and Aussie attempts), if I was forced to decide between losing the show and losing clarkson Id say let him punch the snot out of any producer he likes. Alternatively the other two could go join clarkson and sign up with Netflicks or discovery channel or whatever?

And I agree with you Littleredspirit, Chris Harris produces excellent car testing, his youtube videos of the McLaren P1 and the Singer Porsche are outstanding.

Jes

Edited by Bueno