B-Lugg's Bandit

B-Lugg

Had this feeling like I was in a ground hog day type scenario with no freedom. A friend told me riding had this brilliant sense of freedom and fun, he was right.

I wanted something out of a the norm of a Ninja or CBR250, I was going to go after a old CB250 to mod in to a cafe racer but I'll wait for my full licensing to get something neat. This is still pretty cool though.

It's a Suzuki Bandit GSF250V.

The only modifications are rejetted carbs, mirrors and the exhaust.

My maiden voyage was getting it home from Brisbane in the peak hour traffic whilst it pissed down with rain - so that was a learning curve.

vbqjwmE.jpg

1Da9Ecb.jpg

ypuHgmz.jpg

Members dont see this ad

That thing's pretty cool, although I still reckon you should have got a postie.

I'm 21 and not getting any younger, I don't think I could keep up with the lifestyle of a Postie...

Should be easy to cafe racer that puppy!!

Set of "clip ons", a seat pan and your gold!!

Nice pick up, they're a good thing. Fairly easy to ride too.

Yeah, looks to be pretty straight forward! It's been sweet to play with this far. Would love to modern cafe this thing, I just don't think it's worth the effort. A general tidy up and I'll be sweet with it. Considering another seat pan for it though.

post-8907-0-78455200-1427979299_thumb.png

I'm just jealous.

Sorry bro, I don't think they do 4a powered 2 wheelers.

these are simply awesome bikes, mate..!

nice score

I've heard almost nothing but good things about these things, can't wait to get more experience in.

If you ever ride ultra long trip to the Gold Coast for whatever reason, we'll head out!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really, really enjoying it!

I went and picked up some good quality gear and I've been riding a heap. Commuting to and from work everyday and riding every weekend for fun.

The bike is more than enough fun to start off with! Almost too quick and seems to handle half decently.

Lovin' it.

Nice long ride today, roads were busy as hell. Tagged along with a large group that I came across - was riding with them for maybe 15 minutes, some incredible bikes - pack of ʞ©$ɟing wankers. Cutting people off, excessive speeding, horrible awareness. I heard pack mentality was bad with riders, I hope that's the worst it can be. Quickly went back to solo, bit of a shame. Plenty of people out today along my local bendy roads though, fun to see!

pt6UhGQ.jpg

You find yourself taking the long way home from work

Definitely! Any opportunity I get to leave the house, or I just make something up.

i feel you mate.

Joined a local facebook group called 'Darling Downs Riders'.

Went for one ride with them.

A few were nice don't get me wrong, but the majority were the type who sat up people's asses, gesturing at the vehicles in front to mvoe over and if they didn't give them the finger, overtaking dangerously, speeding, etc.

Let the group race ahead, I maintained my cruise speed. When i got home, I wrote a nasty post bagging the riders responsible, left the page and blocked as many members as I could after they private messaged or posted me, saying sht like "YOU ME CARPARK NOW..!!!"

I generally ride solo or ride to brissie or coast and meet a real mate and ride for the day, then back home

• 7 months later...