Japanese Car Values

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people like Jay Leno look for them, they are. As I understand it, the only real collectors item corollas would be sport 800, 2000gt, RA28, TE27, Model A B C etc. Beyond that, there are a lot of cool old cars but not to everyone's taste and not produced in high enough volumes to have mass appeal to general car collectors.

Time tends to give a lustre to some old cars that was never present originally. For example 60s shovel nose coronas were panned as gutless and unreliable and not highway capable when they came out, especially in america where almost everything was high performance at the time, but these days they have quite a cult following. It really took the world oil crisis for Toyota to develop the appeal to sell volumes, as the conservative nature of the Japanese cars was blended with the classic lines of American Muscle. So basically all the modern era Toyotas we all desire to restore are just cheap rip offs of American Cultural icons. Thats why I like the KE70, and AE86. They really are there own animals. And Jolly good ones at that.

What i have noticed since being a member here for a while is that i didn't own a corolla but had a passion for one and well back then they weren't so expensive in particular earlier models but i still managed to get a good deal on my current 55 coupe with just a trade at the time many years ago.

I am now looking for a Ke70 project car as i like them alot but have noticed that there are lots of them with huge price tags, Now i am not saying they are not all worth some dollars but some are way over the top in price but then in saying that so has older holdens and fords they fetch quite a big dollar value. Most of us on here enjoy Toyota's in some form from loving the car or just having a sentimental connection to them its what differs from a car collector from a enthusiast.