Ke10 Diff Options

rke_011

Members dont see this ad

If its a jap diff it will be a B-code. They came in ke1 and early ke2 + some early publicas

U-code jap diffcenters will also fit the housing and axels. They came in ke2 ,ke3, ke7 ,late kp61 starlets, AL25 4x4 tercels.

Kp60, kp62 and early kp61 came with x-code diffs. u and b code axels don't fit these.

Some if not all aussie assembled cars have borg warner diffs tho . I know nothing about those but doubt they interchange

with jap stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I've got new bearings and seals and will be attempting to rebuild my original next week...Something in there is screaming like a banshee unless under drive pressure (acceleration), can't cruise. It's hard to tell if it's coming from the diff or the trans.

Hi,

Easiest up grade is grab a Jap KE30 centre bolt in.

Has same stud pattern on housing but is the larger 6" centre.

The standard ring gear on a KE1X is 5 bolts later 6" diff is 6bolt and more ratios can be found easier. Use stock axles.

Now if you want to have more fun top of head the AL25 so Tercel Toyota uses the Y series 158mm diff. This in the old scale is about 6.3"...This BOLTs into the KE10 housing also same stud pattern and axles slip straight in same spline.

These had different ratios AGAIN. Usually were a tad higher but I know a KE10 with this centre in it and a 7K due to extra torque does it easy and makes a GREAT cruiser.

Secret to fitting that diff is the flange on it three bolts will lign up one wont either weld and redrill OR...Undo nut change seal and flang to KE1X item and bolt all up EASY.

IF you go to the 6" KE30 diff option then a factory TRD LSD will fit. RARE...

Saying that my parts book for my KE15 sprinter lists that an LSD was factory option in KE1X diffs. Yet to ever see one my self but they do list it does exist do have part numbers for it so also that option but is the small diff centre they break :(

Cameron

Saying that my parts book for my KE15 sprinter lists that an LSD was factory option in KE1X diffs. Yet to ever see one my self but they do list it does exist do have part numbers for it so also that option but is the small diff centre they break :(

Cameron

Yea, exist and look like this. Got one in my ke17 part no. 41301 kp002

diff006.jpg

Edited by tojo2