Re-Furbishing Ke10 Steering Systems

As those of you with the early rolla's know, trying to find new parts that actually fit for the steering (pittman, tie rods, idler and so on) is near impossible.

I have heard that you can have new joints injected into the old parts, has anyone else heard of or had this done??

Members dont see this ad

I think you may be thinking of suspension bushes when people torch them out and replace with some sort of rubber compound like a sikaflex product.

Check ebay often, for NOS ke1x stuff. Seems some people replace the ke1x stuff with ke2x stuff for an upgrade and avaliability of parts...

Parts are sort of available if you look hard enough, especially US ebay. you just have to keep hunting and grab stuff when you see it for a rainy day.

Auto Surplus in Mitcham are also a great source for obscure parts (and Toyota Car Club Vic sponsors!)

if you need fine thread and can't find them, there are replacement coarse thread tie rods available which means you can use the easier to find coarse thread ends.

I wouldnt be mucking around with refurbing them. I had a bad accident years back when a tierod end collapsed, and there was a guy on TCCAV just the other day who had one co;;apse in a2005ish Prado