Ke20/25 Rear Coilovers

Members dont see this ad

Later on this year i am going to convert my ke25 rear end on coil overs. I was going to remove the leaf springs (i cannot go low as much and is not really neath) and go a set up like this.

lotus_cortina.jpg

But i still haven't get to it but should work. Have to figure out what coils to use for top mount and ride height. The only prob that i am seeing is that the diff will touch the body.

question is why?

Is there going to be a benefit with lap times/handling that can not be achieved with the standard set up that will offset the engineering issues involved for this to be done properly........

A lot of cars have competed successfully over the years running leaf springs...... Talk to some historic racers about tricks to make leaf springs work better.

In my case its not for track or handling its all about the looks. To lower the car with leaf spirings from the rear end its not going to look good. You need big block spacers and still the rear brckets will not be correct position. So its better to go with this option.

I think you are making a huge mistake here. Have a close look at the structure of the front strut tower, then have a look at the rear shock mount and surrounding sheet metal and think very carefully. No rear strut brace or anything like that will provide any strength whatsoever. You will end up pulling the rear of the car apart.

Ever heard of reset springs????

My ke35 sat around 15mm off the bump stops without using blocks. I actually needed to cut the bump stops in half to give some suspension travel.

A spring manufacturer can make a spring to whatever spec you want

To be honest that was i was going to try first cause its much cheaper and less hassel but I'm not sure i will get the height. But I'm still doing body work on the car after that its time to check that one. The only problem that i am seeing is that the diff will hit the body in the middle maybe i have to arrange the body work that part. Will see

In my case i have 15 inch rims with arches. I cut the body arch so that the tyre will look as flash with the tyre. Mine is going lower than that, If you look closely you will notice that the centre of my rim is almost centrer with the line of the body. The red car rim is a little underneath the line. And mine i think it has to go a little more down. It is just a trial.

20150314_161321_zpsjgz6beqh.jpg

20150314_162239_zpsnhfagsum.jpg

your first problem will be diff hitting floor where the bump stop is before the low height i'd reset leafs and raise floor where diff centre is before even thinking about coilovers. how much drop do you want? ive gone about 2'' on 13's and have about inch and a half till bump stop if i was running 14's with 60 profile it would be tucking tyre.