Smexy's Ke70's

funwithsmexy

Hey there,

on 1/05/2015 I bought my first ke70 for 1k Came with rb20det aswell which i sold for 450 regoed :D

6KZjj75.jpg

This car had a fair bit of issues.

Epic JDM slammed stance look that everybody loves c: well aleast people did on car curises did.

DKopHOy.jpg

vmkDbqB.jpg

Nice rims worth more than the whole car tbh

Battery in boot diy job

tH8PHbp.jpg

So cops didn't like my slanced and rotary sounding car much.

sup4IPy.jpg

Gave me this golden ticket. :***( for too low too low no tead lol c:

zD6p1nO.jpg

jqpXGzD.jpg

Took to pits to see if i could get an extension denied :*( but now i know whats i need done.

Long list c:

g978Quv.jpg

guess the car wasn't too low ? lol Also tint to dark my ass lol

Saw this bad boy Flat front for sale on the gumtrees so picked her up for 300 bucks OMG excellent condition apart from rust c:

JasFAZc.jpg

iFn0NgI.jpg

fyi its not registered aha

Perfect leather inside perfect engine is great exhaust is great just the rust in boot and rear guards i need to fix also 1 mirror?

I swaped my rims and mirrors to this beast for now. I took it offroading aswell on a permit 4x4 so much fun ahaha.

I'll update with more pics

Edited by funwithsmexy

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Said good bye to this little beast for 400 dollars in my pocket was fun to drive. At least i keept the rims and mirrors

oTCyfCo.jpg

Just some pictures of the inside of new one flat front c:

Qd7oHSn.jpg

180km hmmm can't be legit can it?

qfONKzw.jpg

Started on some of the rust work

Cut out and sanded back fuel filler rust

xwk1zs7.jpg

now the boot. gonna be bitch to fix holes

ZEw1Kd3.jpg

rear wheel wells and spare wheel area next.

Started on stero as had cables but no stero so jdm soldered new harness and stero in

fl73OaO.jpg

more pics soon.

What a death trap. Hope the new one works out better.

yep- hope somebody scraps the old one or rebuilds it properly. Mind you, neither of my KE70s would pass that test... no oil leaks! But, its an old corolla!

You should weld some steel into those boot rust holes, the KE70s are really weak around there. At the least get a layer of fibreglass cloth on both sides of the remains of the metal.

Great rims, the new car could turn out to be really nice.

yep- hope somebody scraps the old one or rebuilds it properly. Mind you, neither of my KE70s would pass that test... no oil leaks! But, its an old corolla!

You should weld some steel into those boot rust holes, the KE70s are really weak around there. At the least get a layer of fibreglass cloth on both sides of the remains of the metal.

Great rims, the new car could turn out to be really nice.

ah thanks mate. Yeh was planning to either bog for tempoary fix as bog just cracks later on and go over pits then weld.

Want to get some quad lights and chrome bumpers and cxxx grill but no clue where to get from.

decicded to do a oil flush and and change and oil filter change.

Oil filter oil felt like mud yuck

ZjzkDWd.jpg

Next was to remove the fan shroud as needed to be repaired as didn't mount properly

qCQpG4N.jpg

Needed to fix battery terminal as broke and as shops were closed I went to my datsun 260z project and took the worn down terminal off that.

FfvcZ0C.jpg

UBygSl1.jpg

Just changing terminal fixed alot of issues like indicators not working.

The oil and filter changed made the car come back to life runs so much better and gain bit of performance. Previous owner hadn't changed it in ages I'm guessing.

Anyone had any expirence with seafoam a 4k-c engine?

Edited by funwithsmexy

So I started on rust repair.

before:

4P2gqI2.jpg

After:

ZOHOUX0.jpg

Another layer

ROjzx7w.jpg

repaired LF indicator as wire got pulled out of wire crimp. So i wraped it around it and bent it over and soldered and taped it.

MKq6AeL.jpg

Another rust hole fix.

Note I did clean it up before bogging.

8KoBESX.jpg

after:

XTurYv3.jpg

Stero hooked up. Matches colours of dash and other stuff. c:

bhJptXk.jpg

When I did my fibreglass bog repair around the fuel flap I got some gaffer tape and taped the hole up from inside the boot. That gave me a recessed backing to shape it too. Then a skim of plastic bog. Then I removed Tue tape and put a thin skim of the fibreglass big over the inside. A lot stronger than just filling it with plastic bog.