Ke30 Engine Swap Ideas

joelc984

Hi All,

I drive a beautiful 1975 KE30 2door, running dedicated LPG on the stock motor with a 5speed K50 transmission.

Car is a dream and a keeper, bought from a rolla club member Dale AKA doityourself on rollaclub.

I have been driving the rolla for a few years now with no problems, runs beautifully and usually won't give me much starting trouble even on cold winter mornings, really reliable and well taken care of car.

The praise should go to Dale (doityourself) for his beautiful work on the LPG conversion, custom exhaust and a lot more tlc.

After a while the little engine can be a bit tedious and sometimes you itch for a little more excitement and oomf to match the cars personality, so on that note the time has come for a new heart... or engine, whatever you want to call it.

The point of this thread really is to find the perfect Engine Conversion for me and my car.

I want to make something beautiful, reliable,fairly economical, powerful, but not ridiculous.

For the most part I am hoping to have JapaneseMotorsport (South Australia) handle the conversion and upgrades.

I do want to one day do a project car at home by myself but this car isn't that project. This rolla is and will be my one and only daily for a long long time, I can't really see myself driving anything else.

I want a professional, quality conversion and I don't trust my knowledge and skills enough to dive into an engine conversion at home.

Money wise, for now lets just imagine its not an issue (of course it'll be an issue) I just really want intelligent, unique ideas, don't hold back!

SO I want to make a final decision as I've been racking my brain looking and thinking about all the different engine swaps that have and haven't been done on the net.

I want the overall best engine conversion for my 2door KE30 Corolla bringing these factors into thought:

- Daily driver

- Power, but will not be racing or drifting, just a little oomf and grunt

- Sound and Looks

- A big one, I DEFINITELY want to keep running dedicated LPG on the new engine I put in my rolla (don't have much info on how difficult that will be but any info would be appreciated!)

- Decent-ish fuel economy

- Preferably not turbo

So thats about it, hopefully this sparks a good conversation over which is the overall BEST KE30 engine swap for a daily driver just looking for a better performance out of his favourite little car.

Any unique conversions would be awesome, would love to do something that hasn't been done but not going to do something just because its different if its not the best choice overall.

After all the reading I've done my mind at the moment sways towards a well built 20v 4age running LPG.

Sorry for the long read and any dumb questions.

Cheers! Joel

post-16377-0-91711300-1433305748_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Any motor that uses one of jordans conversion kits would be a great choice, check out his thread and see

how much work he puts into these kits, its a lot! Theres the next stage of connecting everything up so

look into that side as well, some motors have a lot of aftermarket adapters for this, some don't.

Umm why do you have LPG on a car that already uses bugger all fuel?

I say leave the gas for bbqs and go either 4AGE or SR20, as they are both tried and true, easy to get parts for and probably the most affordable conversions you can do. My mate read up on lpg heaps about some cars making more power than on petrol when setup right. Then he put his 2.5l turbo nissan stagea on LPG and guess what? Like nearly every other lpg converted car in the world it lost power and doesnt run as smooth. Darn hey?

Sure we'd all rather something unique that hasnt been done heaps of times before but in the world of engine conversions "unique" is kindof another way of saying hasnt been done before so usually costs more and takes longer as you have to do all the research and development yourself.

Whichever way you go,

Keep us posted and start a thread?

Bueno

Edited by Bueno

My mate read up on lpg heaps about some cars making more power than on petrol when setup right. Then he put his 2.5l turbo nissan stagea on LPG and guess what? Like nearly every other lpg converted car in the world it lost power and doesnt run as smooth. Darn hey?

He didn't do enough reading then.

There are only a couple of tuners SMART enough to get lpg to work right. He obviously didn't see one of them.