Just Took Delivery Of My First Ae112

Tonic

Hello guys and girls, i have just had my very first car delivered to me, a Toyota corolla AE112 (Conquest)

It has a pretty clean, straight body and engine. So I'm wanting to keep it as a daily for as long as possible. It's currently stock as a rock and looks as if my grandma drives it.

I have a few things i would like to do to it in the near future. Which brings me to my question - I am after some wheels for it but have no idea what i need to know when buying rims. It has some crappy 14" roh rims at the moment, but I'm wanting something just a tad bigger (17" maybe)

Its a 2000 toyota corolla conquest. Sorry for the newbie question and for probably being in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance

Members dont see this ad

You need to know what wheel width you want, the offset and maybe the caliper clearance required - a quick google image search will give you some good diagrams of offset and caliper clearance/overhang. You could probably figure it all out by pulling the wheel off and measuring it up with a straight edge and a ruler. Or just go with the size that others have used on their AE112.

you can go up as far as 16" (i think) without having any legal problems. i think 2" diameter increase is permissible AS LONG AS the rolling diameter of the tyre fitted doesn't exceed the original rolling diameter...