Need Info, Please Help!! New Guy Here :)

DJtwoTall

Hi there, I had recently purchased my first toyota...97 corolla 5 speed!! I see a lot of people posting about different models and engines. I don't know tge first thing about my new beater:) my question is how do I go about finding out which model corolla I have (cx, dx, etc.) And how do I determine which model and size of motor is in my beast...any help would be much appreciated!!

Members dont see this ad

Best bet is to take a couple of photos of the car and engine bay, plus a close up of the rectangular aluminium plate in the engine bay, usually on the firewall.

At bottom right, click on "more reply options" and you should be able to add photos to your post.

Hi there, I had recently purchased my first toyota...97 corolla 5 speed!! I see a lot of people posting about different models and engines. I don't know tge first thing about my new beater:) my question is how do I go about finding out which model corolla I have (cx, dx, etc.) And how do I determine which model and size of motor is in my beast...any help would be much appreciated!!

Whereabouts in the world are you? Australia doesn't have the LE/DX etc model designations like the US does, and our trim levels (CSi, Conquest, CSX etc) aren't direct comparisons either (all our 1.8L models have tacho and rear discs for instance where both are uncommon in the US)

Again, depending where in the world you are it'll be an EE100, EE101, CE100, AE100, AE101, AE102 etc etc. More information is necessary