Ms85 Crown. 1Uzfe

greenmac80

bugger eh.

I was just reading above about the water/meth injection.

we ran water injection on a mates old rotary turbo, i don't believe we made any major changes to the fuel map. it was more of a prevention against knocking (and thus allowed a few extra degrees of ignition advance). we used a spare digital output on the ecu (megasquirt at the time) and triggered it on boost pressure and TPS i think. Water only, never any methanol. My mate came up with an injenious solution of pressurising the water storage container with the turbo, just a line from turbo with a 1 way valve. no need for an electric pump. We injected it pre turbo, straight into the turbo fins after air filter. technically this should erode the turbo fins, but after a few months we didn't notice any major damage.

He didnt have the system running too long though, by then he had gone e85.

Edited by ke70dave

Members dont see this ad

yeah. great to hear from people who have messed with it.

I'm thinking though i may have room under the bonnet for the intercooler plate. If thats the case then i'll go that route over the water/meth.

With the cooler plate i'll be able to design one of those 'Interchillers" which uses the cars airconditioning to near freeze the water.

All in all i'm unsure what way i'm going to go. I know the next step is going to be an aftermarket ECU and tune. See where that gets me.

Then i'm definitely gonna play with nitrous.. whether thats pre blower of after blower install i don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate, I'm loving this thread. What diff are you running in this?, I saw your first few pages of the thread with the brake upgrades, but you only said late ms85 hub/spindle, so your just using the later ms85 f series? Unfortunately I didn't get one of the later model ms85's that come with rear disc brakes. I'm considering upgrading my diff, I've herd a ms112 rear diff can be installed with minimal fuss. I don't suppose you know what year ms85's had the rear disc brakes? mine is a early/mid 1978 model.

btw fully jealous of your setup, looks awesome now you fixed your transmission issues.

Edited by ms85er

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So progress is super slow. money being main problem.

But it has been to have its brake fade and lane change test done. Passed with flying colours and i didnt have to change a thing for that.

One of the defects was a small chip in the windscreen. just had that fixed. (love having insurance)

much nicer screen. black border. and a much better fit. This one comes from NAG where as the other one came from PGI who is no longer trading.

DSCN0512.jpg

old screen

chip in question

DSCN0513.jpg

new one.

DSCN0515.jpg

gaping hole

DSCN0514.jpg

new one in. love it.

DSCN0516.jpg