Ke70 Kick Panel Fuse Box

Madiz

Hello!

Attention: My english is not good, but I hope you get my point

I'm 17 years old car enthusiast from Estonia and I'm having a problem with my KE70.

This winter something happened with kick panel fuse box, I opened it and saw that some of the circuits (aluminium parts) had blown. It melted the plastic around the circuits and the fuse box is now a pretty big mess :D, so I don't know which circuits to solder and which not. I would be very thankful if someone, who has the same fuse box, would disassemble it and take pictures of different layers there.

I found possible problem and fixed all the wiring harness, so I don't think that the circuits blow again.

I would buy new fuse box, but probably I'm only KE70 owner in Estonia(so there are not any parts for sale) and shipping from Australia would be very expensive.

Best wishes, Madis

Members dont see this ad

Hi Madis,

I don't think you'd be the first one to have a burnt out fuse box. The net search indicates it is quite frequent.

Is your KE70 left hand drive ? I heard last year, that they are now allowing RHD cars to be registered in Estonia now after some EU ruling.

Does your fuse box look like this ?

post-270-0-35001600-1435444385_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm into KE30-KE55s, which are different, but someone here may have a spare one, they are prepared to post to you, to get a fellow Rolla enthusiast out of trouble.

Post a picture of your box in situ if you can.

It's a bugger of a place to work on that kick panel area, if you are large. I had a kinked neck for a week after rewiring my KE30 in that area.

Cheers Banjo

As is always the case, I just dumped about 4 of these with ke70 looms for scrap metal two days ago.

I'm sure someone will have the part you need and make an affordable parcel for you. You could get a wiring diagram and try to decipher what's going on, but its probably easier to score some parts off of our European members. We have a few Norwegians that may be of assistance, there's David, and then there's the fellow with the volvo 5 cylinder ke70, and a few others. Have a search through the site my friend. I'm sure someone can hook you up. Might be worth trying to see if the fault was triggered by some other short somewhere else in the car.