My 1983 Ke70 Daily Project/first Car

andyg

Hi RollaClub, I'm Andy and i recently bought my first car! Its a 1983 KE70. Its stock as a rock with a 4k and 4 speed.

I bought this car intending to put it on club plates and when i turn 18 it will be my daily.

Pros about this car specifically - Ke70's are my favourite of all Corollas

I'm familiar with the 4K

Its BEAUTIFUL

Came on some nice meshies

Its in good nick generally

Came with some nice speakers/sub

Cons-

A small amount of rust in the boot seal (10c piece) and some bubbles on the roof

Interior is a bit worn and teared, but easily fixed with covers.

It's a flat front, i love slanty cars but this one is growing on me :P

Bonnet is a different colour to the rest of the car! Once again easily fixed (on a side note whats the paint code for these cars?)

Its not a tacho dash :(

No spare parts! We have 3 ke55's (1 race car 2 parts cars), so most things body wise won't work but motors and gearboxes are in supply ;)

Needs a few things for roadworthy, but its a project!

I paid a good price for this car, and it'll be a good project!

UPDATE:Took the interior out of the car for a good clean, the seats are in good nick spring wise and comfy wise, but aren't very visually appealing, bought some covers for them.

Person is photo is my dad, he helped me inspect it. I absolutely love this car and cannot believe i finally got one!

wJaqPCx.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Welcome in! It looks very neat 'n tidy.

Paint code is on the build plate on the firewall. If you've got a race car then you'll have some great ideas for the KE70.

Thankyou Altezza, happy to be here.

I'll have a look thankyou!

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: Pulled the interior out of the car to get out speakers/sub/headunit wired up, as well as the tacho etc. Looks pretty good! The 11' sub doesn't fit in the boot so i might make a different smaller box for it, couple of issues with the amp that came with the car but well on the way!

Got a list of things to do to the car so i can get it rwc and roadworthy, note none of these are in order!

Front uni joint needs replacing

exhaust manifold gasket

replace the 3k carby with a 4k one we have lying around

Wire up sound to the headunit

Fix rust!

Give it a good clean

Seat covers, potentially new seats later on

Have a good look underneath the car, see if it looks all okay.

Few other bits and pieces but hoping to have the car at the mechanics for rwc late this year/ early next! I'd like to be able to buy some custom plates for it as well so when it gets registered i can do that.

Tempted to pull a spare 4k down and rebuild it and put it in, cam, shaved head, new everything etc with maybe a 40dcoe weber or two. Found a rusted out 32/36 we might rebuild and use for that stealth "stock" look!