Turboing A 2T-C

SM Hunter

Hey, I'm playig arround with the though of turboing a 2T-C, i have experience with turbo cars but iv never build one myself..

thinking of going with a blow trough set up with maybe a weber 32/36 .. and not more than 0.5 bars due to old and unprepped engine.. ?

thinking of using a T25 or a T28 since my brother got both laying arround, they just need a overhaul...

I'v heard the SR20 exhaust manifold is somewhat similar to the 2tc is this right? i'v got a few freinds with 200sx's and a manifold is cheap...

ignition timing, how do i do this with boost?

are thinking of just putting the carb in a box so i don't have to get a turbo carb ? or is 0.5 bar so little that i don't need a pressureized carb?

and how many hp would 0,5 bars give me? like 130 ish?

Edited by SM Hunter

Members dont see this ad

There's a website called http://www.turbogemini.com/ use that as a guide. You need to use a turbo hat on the 32/36 and change the brass float. Use a rising rate fpr. The sr20 manifold has the correct spacing, not bolt pattern, so u need an adaptor plate or modify, i looked at doin a 3tc but had dramas with machining and time. Still have a manifold to suit t3 flange.

Heaps of dudes in Puerto rico doin them

okay, thanks alot!! ill ask my buddy if he has a spare manifold and try to make a plate, yeah iv seen lots of guys in puerto rico doing turbo swaps.. but their engine bays looks so expencive and they mostly use EFI or sidedrafts from what iv seen in pis and that is wayy more money then what i want to use!

Member NME308 has a TA22 with a turbo 3TC. I think he might of adapted the Nissan turbo manifold. He's got a build thread on toymods and 3tcgarage. Also member Hurricane has got a turbo 3tc.

Paradise Racing has a 3TC turbo manifold but is a bit steep:

ahh tahnks, read though the thread and fuel setup is now all clear, getting a malpassi turbo fuel regulator and a EFI fuel pump pushing about 8 bars then ill make a fuel return line to the tank.

i don't want to lock the distributor, i want it to be drivable and have power both low and high.. i know a guy here in norway used a volvo turbo clock, unsure what he actually used off the volvo but thats what he said...

do i want the same ignition curve on a turbo car as a N/A?