Ka24De Conversion Ke55

Leeroy

Members dont see this ad

Now that I know it can be done legally, I will have to ring a few wreckers to see if they have any d22 navara wrecks.

Not much power difference between ka24de and sr20de. Ka24de has more torque mid range for better drive-ability.

Will post what the engine prices are etc and I'll go from there.

My first car was a pintara trx with a KA24E and my second car was a 180SX with an SR20DET. I've also driven a friends SR20DE pulsar and personally I'd go that option over the KA if you want non turbo. The KA isn't terrible, or maybe it is and i was just impressionable. Either way $1100 for the single cam version is a little rich.

• 1 year later...

I considered this at one point, and there is a guy that did it in europe I think, he drifted his ke70 with a ka24de. I personally don't think it's worth it, If you are sure you want to use a ka24de than go for it, but I think there would be better options tbh. The 3rz-fe is pretty good, weighs less, more displacement and much cheaper to turbo down the track, and ofcourse the sr20 route, it is a decent engine the ka24de, but not a particularly great one.