This Is How Much Camber You Get

luke_ke

When I was looking into the GE Sigma LCA (330mm) to ke corolla mod I couldnt find a pic to illustrate what exactly the extra length would achieve in a ke55. Now I've done the mod I thought I'd post a pic, a bit of a visual aid for anyone contemplating going down the same path... :thumbsup:

post-13760-0-83866800-1443494046_thumb.jpg

Edited by luke_ke

Members dont see this ad

hi altezzaclub, it really needed a wheel algnment before the lca change so my opinion is probably skewed, but for the winding country roads around here it hasnt felt this good ever. It feels more direct and controlable, yes more responsive but without oversteer, personally very happy I did it, even if it does double my tyre budget.

Hi springersrolla, I actually followed the recommendations you made about increasing castor from an older post I found when looking into it. The only downside, if it can be called that, is my steering is mildly heavier ...

" ....buy or borrow a dienut the same as your castor rods, run it down another 2inches at least, buy new castor bushes. refit and line up your castor to the best of your judgement and limp to a wheel alignment shop eg; pedders, tell them you want as much castor as you can get before the tyre scrubs the front of your guard.

drive home knowing that the front end is the best it will handle for minimal dollars and then save for coilovers, adjustable strut tops, etc"

cheers mate