4Age Stalling On Throttle

Hey boys

Wired up a Small port ae92 4AGE into a friends KE70 and I'm having this weird issue.

It turns on really quickly as it should and idles really well at about 1000rpm ( Definitely one vacuum leak) but slowly deteriorates after about a minute. It used to idle for as long as we liked (10mins+) but had alternator issues at the time

Also the car stalls almost immidiately after opening the throttle body more than like 2mm's

I assume its a wiring or sensor issue but I'm not sure and It won't seem to idle long enough for diagnostics mode

Have checked so far:

2 different MAP sensors

The timing is fine

Battery is being charged at ~14volts

TPS unplugged made little to no difference

There is fuel pressure and can hear fuel pumps

Runs on all 4 cylinders

Any recommendations as I am a bit stuck for idea at the moment?

Members dont see this ad

Yeah specs are the same. If you have the time I'd pull the entire throttle body off to do it and give the idle port a good clean out, and make sure all the other unnecessary ports in the throttle body are blocked off.

Edit, reread first post, might be the aav port isn't blocked creating a vac leak.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDobjuvtxRGfdVRHhoB50NzhrcmhXYgfMOJQtjPLxIOTxgGul3DVkXbOjY.

I'm assuming a cut and shut manifold with ISCV delete?

One of the pins on my fuel pump wiring was loose so It would drop a lot of voltage from the vibrations of the car.

Idles now but hunts a lot, we pulled the throttle body off and are going to proper delete IACV as he never filled the hole

Thanks a lot Reed! Will check the timing gear if any issues persist after this.