B.l.z.bub's Dirty, Dirty Nissan

B.L.Z.BUB

So it turns out R33's are super easy to break in to. The passenger door lock toggle on the drivers side will work all the time so its just a matter of snaking something past the window and pressing it.

There is a 12v IGN wire in the control cluster so I threw a relay in so it'll only work when the car is on. You can still lock it when the car is off.

2016-02-27 16.41.30.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Went and bought a s2 bumper, painted it and all the paint blistered and looked shit. But it threw it on anyway. Was pretty rough, broken indicator.

Threw the 400R bar up for sale and got offered swaps for another s2 bar in pretty good condition in white with a lip.

Everything came up Milhouse.

Just zip tied on for now so nothing lines up right. Will mount properly tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1457861991221.jpg

Got some camber arms on the way to tuck the wheels a bit, and buying new front guards to replace my shitty roll job ones.

Scored a series 1 non-airbag wheel, the outside was a bit poo so I bought a sew on cover. Turned out OK, might buy another one and give it a better go.

2016-03-18 17.42.27.jpg

Front bar looks way better, needs some mesh and want to get a SMIC shroud.

2016-03-14 07.17.51.jpg

Installed my camber arms. Tucked the wheels a small amount to stop and rubbing on the rear and to keep mr plod happy.

20160328_105244.jpg

Not a huge amount

20160329_064511.jpg

Managed to pop my passenger side sway bar link ball joint out so that's flapping in the breeze making some horrible noises. Ordered some v35 ones off ebay which should work by the looks.

Also need a wheel alignment pretty bad after the camber, it toed the rear in a lot more than I expected and it's a bit hairy. Lucky it's only a 2 minute drive to work.

• 2 weeks later...

SO after i broke the sway bar link I drove it around to work for a bit, only a short 2 minute drive.

Fixed the link, but still had this annoying knock on the front left side.

Had a look this afternoon, checked all the bolts and shit I had loosened to put the camber arms in.

Couldnt find anything so I did a google and someone said the sway bar might have moved. Had a good look and came across this.

2016-04-14 16.37.38.jpg

The drivers side sway bar bush bracket bolt had sheared off. Now this is a weird design, the bracket is held on with a captive bolt that is welded into the castor rod bracket. That is what snapped. So the only real solution is to buy the whole bracket.

Well ʞ©$ɟ that.

Pulled it out and drilled a pilot hole.

2016-04-14 17.09.04.jpg

Then drilled out a larger hole and tapped the bitch.

2016-04-14 17.26.03.jpg

Done.

2016-04-14 17.30.18.jpg

I had to drill a hole in the chassis rail so the bolt I threaded in had somewhere to go and now its all good.

Spent a good portion of yesterday mounting my $50 fmic kit.

20160423_183101.jpg

Instructions said to cut down the engine fan but that sounded a bit dodgy so I threw in 2 thermos for clearance. These plus the stock thermo all run off a thermo switch/relay circuit hidden in the stock relay box.

20160423_094043.jpg

FB_IMG_1461387598006.jpg

Also scored a GTR grill. Not sure whether to keep it black or paint it white.

FB_IMG_1461467458206.jpg