Sr20 Into Ke55 Fuel System

JasonKE55

Members dont see this ad

The N14SSS has an SR20 fed by 8mm OD line, and the same for the return. The KE70 runs 5mm.

I think the Pulsar has an in-tank pressure pump, the line goes straight into the filter at the motor end and there's no sign of a pump back at the tank.

I'm doing the 4AGE/KE70 now & I plan to use the KE70 lines. I'll try using the VL lift pump to fill a surge tank at the front and feed the VL pressure pump from that. The surge tank is a random (Subaru) fuel filter I picked up with the filter media removed and a couple of outlets added. I'm waiting on the welder to weld the can back to the lid. It holds over 200ml.

If I'd been clever enough to search for an in-tank pump in the 1000 cars at the wreckers I'd have used that. Never thought of it.

post-7544-0-61179700-1445579126_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-36474200-1445579199_thumb.jpg

Altezza's diagram is the go, most people put the surge tank and pressure pump at the rear of the car but same diagram. I would personally use at least a 1 litre surge tank, under full noise it will give you a bit more time. You can use an efi high pressure pump in the tank as the lift pump if you like, or a carby low pressure pump it really doesnt matter.

fuel line size is pretty small on a ke30, i would change it out, make sure you use the same size return line as pressure line. if you are going to do it, may as well do it properly and go at least 10mm, if you plan on decent upgrades later go the 1/2 inch line. The only reason i wouldnt just go straight to 1/2 inch is off the shelf efi hose in only available up to 10mm, above that you need to go to enzed to get 1/2 inch hose.

This stuff is really easy to work with, you can bend it nicely by hand, you will need the 8 metre roll to do a full car, i think i had 2 meters left over.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2-ALLOY-FUEL-LINE-12-7mm-BLACK-ANODISED-METHANOL-E85-Aeroflow-AF66-3001-/171396464209?hash=item27e8067e51:g:wAAAAOSwq7JT0LGG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEROFLOW-ALLOY-FUEL-LINE-3-8-9-5MM-25FT-LONG-ROLL-RAW-FINISH-AF66-3000-/361372527075?hash=item54237b29e3:g:NhMAAOxycmBSzNKz

That fuel line is cool!

I can use a small surge as a motor making 100KW uses about 0.75L/min of fuel, looking at an engineering website for just that. Seeing we're making a fair bit less with the 4AGE I reckon I'll get 20seconds out of the surge tank, and not many high-G corners take 20sec to go around. The hotrod site I looked a said a motor on what uses 0.25Kg/hr/BHP, and that comes out to about 0.5L/min.

The SR20 will no doubt use more, but probably oil surge will kill them both before fuel starvation...

I can't find much about fuel flow through steel pipe of various diameters, or pumping rate of the VL lift pump. The real information is often not on the web.

What radiator are you planning on using Jason? Will an N14 or N15 one fit?

Remember that the fuel rail returns to the surge tank and you aren't on full throttle at maximum revs for very often.

We had a 600ml surge tank on a ca18det and it was more than enough. Nice and compact too. I used the same size on my old 4age.

I suggest fitting an intank lift pump from a commodore as the lift pump, there is a tutorial in the FAQ. Nice and silent and neat. Then use an external fuel pump that suits your engine power requirements. Using a pump that is enormous is a waste of money and all you do is heat up the fuel by pumping it around and around the engine bay. And often you can over power standard fuel regulators with huge fuel pumps.

Hi mate ive done it, I used the standard pickup (wish I'd had a larger pickup brazed on though) to a Carter lift pump, then through a low pressure fuel filter, undercar 600cc surge tank, with a non turbo sr20 a vl inline pump works well and is quiet. High pressure inline filter, then ran new 3/8 moroso alloy fuel line ($60 for a roll) which can be bent by hand. Used the stock fuel line as a return. Fairly easy there's pics in my build thread.