500Hp Ke70 Drift Build

Keweapon70

Hey guys new to the forum, bought myself a 82 ke70 that had been converted to manual and had a bride drivers seat on a set of steelies, still in the process of gathering parts, bought a built fully forged sr20 that made 507hp on av fuel.

My plan is for the car to be a registered street drifter that I can do track days in but drive on the road

Me and my dad will be building it, he builds hotrods in his spare time so he will be a massive help.

Edited by Keweapon70

Members dont see this ad

So I've got some more parts and some more on there way

-r31 diff

-xt130 lca

-ae86 shortened ps arms

-lock spacer

-front lip

Brand new set of shockworks on there way.

Parts I now am chasing

-chrome bumpers front and rear

-chrome numberplate light

-engine mounts and pedal box

-surge tank

-fuel cell

-ae86 hubs

-ae86 stub axles

-ae86 front calipers

-mini spool

-intercooler

-radiator

Any help finding these parts will be appreciated, just ordered a new hoist too

Edited by Keweapon70

Bring it up again in the other thread where caibs and I asked for specifics!

Sorry.... I bought the last set of shockworks with stubs on Monday, got them yesterday.

T3 alloy hubs are $380 us. And new rca's are $90 us. Even freighted it'll probably be less than your talking above.

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ae86/racing-billet-front-hubs-ae86

Their alloy ones do come with bearings and caps. Same price as the oem ones they sell but half the weight. Didn't realise your $650 ones were with rotors too. Begs the question though - are stock 86 brakes really going to cut the mustard with 500 horse?

Realistically you should be able to get second hand hubs for around $200 then brand new dba etc rotors for around $200-$250. Check the supercheap website, sell dba cheap.

Cheers for the info man, looks like I'll go with the ones you linked me too as the others don't come with rotors now. Will these hubs come with everything I need? Do I need to buy anything else for them? Now that I think about it I should definately go larger brakes I'll do some research on the dba ones cheers.

I can save you a little bit of effort re brakes as I've been doing a bit of research myself.

Might pay to make a phone call to hopper stoppers, they do an 86 which actually comes with hubs and bearings. Will cost you anywhere between $1300-$1800 depending what options you get - stud pattern, braided lines, slotted etc. They use au falcon calipers and rotors.

T3 and grp4 also do complete wilwood kits. Both can have fouling issues on the lca when using rca's though, which you can get around. The grp4 kit is a bit cheaper landed at around $1100 + tax (being over $1000) but uses slightly smaller calipers and rotors than the t3 kit which is about $1700 landed.

I found the guy selling the hubs and rcas today on gumtree. Seems to bee trying to recoup every cent he spent on the t3 stuff plus maybe a little more.

I could be able to help with stubs soon. Will keep you posted.

I've looked in to hoppers stoppers and gave them a call sometime last week, will call again and get a idea of what's included.

It will work out around $1200 to go with the t3 hubs, dba rotors and pads, ae86 calipers but if hoppers stoppers are around the same money come with the everything I need brand new I will be leaning towards them, confirming brakes tommorow.