Racv Energy Breakthrough - Volunteers Needed.

coln72

Hi All,

While this is a Victorian event, I'd thought I'd post it here so more people could see it. Please move if you feel fit mods.

The organisors of the RACV Energy Breakthrough www.racvenergybreakthrough.net/ need more volunteers to man corners for this years Energy Breakthrough.

If you have a couple of hours to spare on either the 20th or the 21st of November and don't mind a drive to Maryborough, they NEED YOU! No experience required, you just need to respond to any incidents on you corner/post. If you are interested, PM myself or contact the organisors direct via the web page.

If you have any interest in engineering/racing this is the event for you. There are two tracks operating, plus challengers for younger kids as well. On the track I am marshalling there will be in excess of 100 entries racing for 24 hours in classes for human powered, hybrid and petrol or electric vehicles. Top teams can exceed 900 km in 24 hours and are limited ( :lolcry: ) to 60 km/h - which isn't really enforced :) Cr Mo tubing is common, full carbon/kevlar bodies are becoming common, seen back to pits data monitoring and teams fuel injecting weed eater motors.

The need people from around 1 pm on Saturday to around 9 pm and from 7 am on Sunday to 1 pm.

Here is an example of what you may see:

This was a vehicle I was managing on the first lap of qualifying...... :bash:

Members dont see this ad

Ummm - no.

I was banned by the kids from riding the first year I ran a team. Seems that rolling the vehicle and destroying the roll cage a fortnight before the event was not a good thing.........

Edited by coln72