The Golden Hoonicorn-

altezzaclub

Finally finished that off in Christmas week & bought it back home. Fully converted to non-A/C, so if anyone wants to buy the factory aircon setup it is all in the Woolshed. With the eyeball vents sealed from outside air the plastic tubes under the dash are all different.

Nice to drive again, I ran through the mountains around Sofala behind a keen ute at 110-120kph and we kept up OK, which it would never have done stock. The stock suspension handles well and is very predictable, so some careful work will make it a great surprise for some people on tarmac.

• 1 year later...
Members dont see this ad

Well, a year on and its running around town as a daily for my wife. No problems with it, but with The Girls KE70 having the 4AGE I just don't get to use the Hoonicorn for trips.

Our garage is part of the house, and with a Southery breeze the petrol smell comes inside after anyone's been out and about. I can't see any trace of fuel leaking from the SUs, so I assume the residual heat is boiling of fuel in the bowls, and it comes out of the air cleaner.  I don't notice it really, but the wife certainly does!

Maybe this will finally get a set of quads fitted and hopefully they won't do it. We'll see what the year brings...

• Like 1

Well, since then its been a daily for the wife or the daughter, depending on who leaves first.  However recently Mrs Altezzaclub bought an Xtrail and Miss Altezzaclub bought a new i30, which means I have an excess Altezza and Hoonicorn...   so its up for sale for around $3300.  I can run it anywhere from Bathurst to Armidale to meet someone, it just has to be on my regular trips up and down. Its completely reliable and rego'd to next June.

Edited by altezzaclub