4Age Smallport Wont Rev

ali123

Hy guys never thought I'd be one of those people that ask questions on a forum but I'm seriously out of ideas.

car - ae92

engine - jdm smallport 4age

problem- wont rev

ok so it just seems to not run right, it'll idle just fine but as soon as you blip the throttle it does and starts to stall like its sucking in too much air and not supplying the fuel for it.

If you hold the throttle open the minimalist amount you can allow it to slowly pick up to 1500rpm but the moment you go any further throttle it just goes back down

So far I've changed fuel pumps and upgraded the fuel lines to 8mm

different injectors

Fuel regulator

about 5 map sensors

Igniter (changed to a camry one)

tps

Coil

cleaned all earths and added in some more

3 different ecus

looked everywhere for air leaks

doesn't matter if running temp or not just does it all the time

I've looked everywhere on the forums and I couldn't find anything.

Members dont see this ad

found something new today by unplugging the map sensor the engine does rev a little (goes up to 3000-3500 rpm) think i have done the map sensor wiring wrong, has any one got a small-port map sensor wiring diagram or could guide me how to wire up my map sensor , would really appreciate their help ...

First up, tell us about the car.

Did you change the motor or change anything on the motor before this happened? Did it just happen one day after running fine for the last year? Were there any problems popping up before this?

Have you checked for fault codes? Do these motors have a limp mode, it sounds just like what it is doing.

You've covered the major probabilities aready, the fuel, spark and ECU. It must be something quite odd.