New To Me 82 Corolla Hardtop

DangerRolla

Car is mostly complete, I'm DDing it right now so i can travel to work since my Tacoma uses too much gas.

Also wondering if anyone knows where i can buy the window gaskets for the rear rolling windows, mine are gone and i hate the wind noise.

Not the gaskets that go around the rear stationary window, the middle window that rolls down.

Hardtops don't have a pillar between the door and roof.

I'm at work right now but ill try to post pics soon

Members dont see this ad

Ah- there is an original Subaru Leone up on the farm with the same problem. I took some heavy cloth-reinforced gaffer tape, folded it in half on itself and put it up the frame over that rubber. Took a couple of layers to make it stiff enough to seal against the window, and on one side I made a little thin sheetmetal flap that pushes it outwards against the glass.

Works fine, stopped the wind noise.

I assume the door is only half-shut in that photo, it should close up more than that.

Nice car! It would be lovely to have them here in Oz.

Try www.3tcgarage.com which is like the US version of this site. You might find better info. We're mainly aussie based. Awesome ride, we never got them.

Already a member, that site is mostly dead and pretty disorganized.

And i checked Amayama, no luck.

Guess ill have to fab up my own gap fillers.