20 Valve Ke55 Coupe

AE92_rolla

Hello, been lurking on here for awhil and Thought id make an as i go thread of my build I'm doing.

Basically accumulated lots of parts and then ran out of time and motivation to do it but circumstances vhange and now i have time to build it!

Its a ke55 coupe thats copping a 20 valve silvertop with a k50 a series gearbox, run by a haltech sprint 500,

1zzfe coils,

Hurricane 20valve headers

Carter black lift pump

044 feed pump,

Sard fuel reg,

Some china surge tank,

Reset rear leaves,

S13 Silkroad front coilovers hubs and brakes,

Speedflow braided brake lines and shit,

K-tuned inline universal thermostat housing,

PWR oil cooler,

Oil filter relocation

Ke70 booster with s15 master cylinder,

Ke70 rack and pinion,

I'm at the stage of deciding what to do with the cooling system but most probably will go with modifying the standard shit and putting weld ons on it and running speedflow of it,

Dizzycap has been cut down and modified to clear firewall,

Thermostat housing has been gutted and is being milled and welded,

Waterpump is going to be modified and pipes welded on to make it run to the radiator,

With the s13 shit i discoveredthat even at max camber adjustment at the strut there is still a fair bit of neg camber so next step it to shorten the silvia control arms and box them.

Is sort of a slow 'as i find time' project at this stage but atleast the ball is rolling now after alot of ʞ©$ɟing around haha.

Some pics of when i got it and how it is now, will keep the updates coming.

Cheers Nitin

post-12511-0-55142500-1452637164_thumb.jpg

post-12511-0-93712300-1452637227_thumb.jpg

post-12511-0-91024700-1452637296_thumb.jpg

post-12511-0-54566700-1452637355_thumb.jpg

post-12511-0-99639300-1452637425_thumb.jpg

post-12511-0-92213400-1452637494_thumb.jpg

Edited by AE92_rolla

Members dont see this ad

Oh hey what a coincidence - I saw your car there in the shed on Sunday, when I came with a friend came to check on the (siezed? and coil-less!) 1ZZ-FE.

I noticed your gearbox on the day. Is that a 3A version of a K50 that you're putting behind the Silvertop. (edit: just re-read that it is) Treat it gently!

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

Oh hey what a coincidence - I saw your car there in the shed on Sunday, when I came with a friend came to check on the (siezed? and coil-less!) 1ZZ-FE.

I noticed your gearbox on the day. Is that a 3A version of a K50 that you're putting behind the Silvertop. (edit: just re-read that it is) Treat it gently!

Haha yeah I'm a mechanic at the shop you saw the 1zz at, yeah its a shitty box but will do for now just to get it running and then go to a w-series. I'm more worried about the diff at this stage more than anything

I can't tell from your photo - have you installed the KE70 booster? I tried to fit one, but it was too large and obscures the hydraulic clutch master cylinder mounting location..

It isnt installed in the picture but the wheel arch needs massaging to get it in, i have cable clutch still so it looks like it will fit fine