Gearbox Rebuild Kits- Get One Now!

altezzaclub

Haha! Yeah right! As far as I can see they don't exist as Toyota used an unusual size for the needle bearings on 1st, 5th and the layshaft ends.

These are way out of production and no-one can find them. Naturally all the boxes are wearing out together, and when I put a box in for a new front seal recently they said the bearings were rooted and it can't be fixed.

Unless we are willing to run out of manual boxes in a few years, we need some bright ideas on how to modify the shafts and housings to take a closely-sized common bearing. Keep this in mind when you're having a beer with someone from a bearing shop or a gearbox place, and post ideas up here.

T50s on the 4AGEs won't be far behind, they're already out of stock at Transmission Components...

post-7544-0-54096700-1453422050_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

Members dont see this ad

Yes you are right, Keith but as parts and gear boxs dry up the smart ones will come up with a converstion kit or other wise to replace the old worn out gear.

eg the 6 speed 160 box.

Eventually though it will come to an end ,and we will all end up driving boring ass electric or hydrogen or what ever other shit they come up with and they will.

But for now enjoy what we have ,may be our kids kids will look back and say these old guys where crazy!!!in there old heaps of shit ,i don't no or care.

end rant

rob :offtopic: