4Age 20V Water Temp. Sensors & Sq Engineering Coolant Kit Help

OG86

Ok so I am currently running a 20v blacktop in my GT-S. I bought the coolant conversion kit from SQ and a tweaked performance wiring harness. Everything was smooth sailing until I realized that the block off plate on the back of the motor only houses the ecu temp sensor and the coolant temp switch (white). I was told that the switch isnt needed..makes sense why there isn't a harness side connector for it...but it fits perfectly in the block off plate. On the other hand, the coolant temp gauge (gray) I was informed that I needed...but have no place to put it....but has a harness side connector. Main question is where do you guys have this sensor mounted, it looks to just be a signal wire going to it...just need more info on how this guy works and if I can stick it in the upper radiator hose or not. Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

So sam didnt drill the ecu sensor in the plate? I don't get it. To my eye you need to mount the efi sensor so the computer works and then the one that makes the dash temp gauge work as well which is usually a single wire brassbodied thing. If you have another that is a switch it may control a fan or something, I don't really know. On my 20v with sams plate the sensors mounted in the back of the head, which is right where you want to be reading it. Top hose temps aren't ideal for ecu water temp. You might have to drill a hole for your sensor.