4Age Sparking At Odd Times

harryrolla

Well this is turning into the classic case of throwing money at it. :( that must be frustrating.

Don't buy anything else. The engine should be able to idle with a minor fuel pressure issue.

Can you take a photo and post it here of all vacuum connections, and also a photo of the inside of your distributor with the cylinder 1 at TDC. (doesn't matter which cylinder is on the ignition stroke; 1 or 4, just get #1 at TDC and ill figure out the rest)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i have discovered something ! yay

when i took injector 1 lead off and placed the noid light in it ran but only on three cylinders and stalled shortly after.

that was the longest the motor had ran .... I'm starting to think its a wiring issue. i have 5 brown wires all connected to earth point, three which are the injector ones ? on the back of the intake manifold and 2 others on the cylinder head. Hope this info helps :)

II don't know a great deal about this engine, but that pressure regulator in photo 2 does not appear to be supplied any vacuum, its connected to a thermo controller which has nothing else connected to it. SO nothing it supplying vacuum to that regulator. In this setup the pressure regulator will be throwing fuel in like there's no tomorrow, as it thinks there is no vacuum (which only happens with throttle open and under load).