Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

Rest would be the same, completely calcified.

I was up until 2am last night working on the car, thermohousing and each sensor, thermostat, coolant lines to throttle body all cleaned out, checked wiring, updated wiring connections on all thermohousing sensors, filled the car back up with water, re-charged battery and gave it another go - same old, same old.

I'm thinking it's faulty TPS or something related to air now, checked fuel, checked water, checked power, ... air is the one only left.

Diagnostic test results -1sec blink 1sec gap 1sec blink 1.5/2sec gap 1sec blink 1sec gap 1sec blink - long gap - repeat.

I up loaded a youtube video of it - 4EFTE Diagnostic Result on GP Turbo

Anyhow, the car has been put away for now, University assignments and job application skills come first.

EDIT -

Also here are some little things I've done lately:

post-5-0-10454400-1335273025_thumb.jpg

- Replaced these dirty spark plugs :(

post-5-0-52992800-1335273077_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-34457600-1335273172_thumb.jpg

- Swapped these little plastic door pockets over - original ones were looking a bit tired

post-5-0-82820600-1335273212_thumb.jpg

My Home-made gear shift knob

That is all...

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Hey guys,

I re-wired the thermohousing sensors including the coolant plug - which was completely different from the 3ETE one, anyhow - car started on the first click with a dead battery on jump leads! How awesome is that!

So then I found another issue, 52 - knock sensor, now I'm a little stuck as I don't have a 4EFTE plug for knock sensor on my loom, and the 3ETE one doesn't fit it at all - I'm going to have to think of something to make it work.

Hey guys,

I re-wired the thermohousing sensors including the coolant plug - which was completely different from the 3ETE one, anyhow - car started on the first click with a dead battery on jump leads! How awesome is that!

So then I found another issue, 52 - knock sensor, now I'm a little stuck as I don't have a 4EFTE plug for knock sensor on my loom, and the 3ETE one doesn't fit it at all - I'm going to have to think of something to make it work.

That.....is freaking awesome! :yes:

Congratulations on your progress man & good luck finding a solution to this one! :)

About time this thing fired up! Progress, at last :)

That.....is freaking awesome! :yes:

Congratulations on your progress man & good luck finding a solution to this one! :)

Thanks guys, how dodge would it be to use a simple connector like this:

Wire_connector.jpg

Also, I found a cool pic which I thought I'll share, photo was taken on 1st May 2005

post-5-0-26974900-1336142624_thumb.jpg

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

So the rolla now starts off the key, but i'm still getting the knock sensor code after wiring it up, also, turbo is no longer boosting and drivers side front shock is no longer functioning.

1 step forward (car starts)

3 steps back (knock sensor, turbo, suspension)

ok - quick browse and found out it could be this:

Symptom- Engine Knocking

Possible Problems

• Big end bearing

• Main bearings

• Thrust bearings

• Cam followers

I have no idea what that means - but sounds like I need a rebuild?

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Did you use the basic electrical connectors to get the knock sensor connected? If not, i'd give it a go, just ensure its crimped and soldered well. A good crimp may even eliminate the need for solder.

Yes it runs!!

Double check all your wiring on the knock sensor and if its earthed properly. Try fitting another one on if it doesnt fit, maybe a 4AGE knock sensor will fit? does the 4EFE have one? hope you get it sorted Tom!

I had a knock sensor problem in the past and it was just down to it not being plugged in properly and not earthed.

Edited by Subaru_kid

Did you use the basic electrical connectors to get the knock sensor connected? If not, i'd give it a go, just ensure its crimped and soldered well. A good crimp may even eliminate the need for solder.

Yep, I used the basic connector, what I really need is a multi-meter! that way I know for sure what is working and what isn't.

I have just crimped it though, I'm not happy with the entire loom - I'm going to pull it out again and ensure every wire is correctly soldered.

How is the fuel in it, is it still fairly fresh?

Fuel is fresh, has a bit of a random miss, sorta sounds like a rally car so I really don't mind at the moment lol - but yeh like you said before- the engine really needs a good run after sitting around for so long.

Yes it runs!!

Double check all your wiring on the knock sensor and if its earthed properly. Try fitting another one on if it doesnt fit, maybe a 4AGE knock sensor will fit? does the 4EFE have one? hope you get it sorted Tom!

I had a knock sensor problem in the past and it was just down to it not being plugged in properly and not earthed.

I read somewhere that the knock-sensor is the same on all models, but I don't know how that could be? wouldn't they be specific? but then again it's basically just telling the ECU stuff - and the ECU is calling the shots, hmmm wonder if I can pick one up from repco, then I'll just get the proper fitting one and rewire that plug back on.

How many wires did you're knock sensor have? I have another wire hanging around the back of the engine without a home back it's two black wires. the Knock sensor I have mine plugged into is a single black wire.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some 3" to 2.5" elbow reducers off ebay, turns out they don't fit onto the intercooler piping, In my late night confusion I bought the 2.5" instead of 2.25" .... which don't exist from anywhere I can see, so I'm pondering on redo'ing the intercooler piping bit by bit slowly with quality pipes off ebay.

OR buying a pipe bender and pipes and doing it myself.