Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

A little update, I've been tinkering with the brakes, as one of rear calipers isn't working, basically getting no fluid out of bleed nozzle.

A couple of little things needed before road-worthy certificate and then I'll be on the road again, looking forward to getting the car finished, and also over stupid flu season, seems like I've caught everything going around! (as in flu/colds etc not sexual transmitted diseases) :P

post-5-0-89485900-1346141250_thumb.jpg

Working on the rear caliper

post-5-0-90910400-1346141261_thumb.jpg

Intercooler on back on and plumbed, CT12 hybrid on.

post-5-0-04231800-1346141273_thumb.jpg

Bumper, lip, grill and fog lights dummy fitted to make sure everything fits and the stock look is retained.

Thanks Chris, Phil, Trev.

Trev, I haven't forgotten, just trying to do stuff myself.. hands on learning, I'll have to check out your new beast soon.

I can't wait to get rego and do some mountain runs, I'm spending to much time watching people do stuff I want to do on youtube...

Thanks Andrew, have you had any time to work on your Rolla yet?

Not yet mate, its still in brisbane where i left it in january unfortunately. I'm moving to Perth in November so i figured i'd move it just the once. Really glad you're getting along with yours. And the garage/workspace situation looks considerably better than when I dropped off the parts car last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet mate, its still in brisbane where i left it in january unfortunately. I'm moving to Perth in November so i figured i'd move it just the once. Really glad you're getting along with yours. And the garage/workspace situation looks considerably better than when I dropped off the parts car last year.

Perth hey, that's were my 3ETE ended up, if you come across it send it back! :)

The Garage is awesome, I can't tell you how much I love having a garage ...beats rolling around in dirt with spiders and god knows what else cramped under a house..

Getting there Tom!!

Finally saw one of these in the flesh yesterday, funky looking little car... i like it :D

It's different, the looks of the GP ummm you get use to it after a while.. however, 4 wheel disc's, factory turbo, 2door, light weight... it's a good base.

• 5 weeks later...

I made a tiny bit of progress tonight, I made a adjustable bonnet latch tensioner (made from bolts, washers and nuts - technical hey :P ) and managed to get the bonnet to lock!

The situation arose after trimming the bottom radiator support and removing a bracket that bolted between top and bottom radiator supports and fitting the intercooler in its place.

Basically the bracket prevented flex in the bonnet latch, once removed the top radiator support would flex when trying to close the bonnet preventing it from locking.

Due to the position of the bonnet latch and lack of areas to fit in a bar or alternative bracket from top & bottom radiator supports, the most viable option was to put down-ward force onto the top of the intercooler from the bonnet latch.

Problems,

The intercooler is made from a soft alloy and susceptible to bending and scratching very easily

solution, alloy bar placed directly under the bolt to destribute the downward force onto a greater area than just one small spot, now all I need to do is fix the alloy plate and bolt together.

Pics at a later stage

Things still on my To-Do list:

Remove air-con condensor

Buy non aircon powersteering belt (EP91 - anyone know the part number?)

Replace all brake lines (looking at the HELS range seems best option as ADR approved)

Get a horn button (or new wheel with one included)

Secure the exhaust correctly

2 x new tyers

Put the horn back in

Safety certificate

Rego.

There is a dream list but what's the point eh?

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

I thought i'll give you a quick update, nothing much happening at the moment due to our little baby which is on her way / also trying sell our house / family dramas and all good and bad stuff associated with it... had to drop out of uni even..

Car is still on the stands waiting on new brake lines, and aircon removal...

Sorry i havnt been on more!

If everything works out the way its planned i might finally be able to do a fairly decent update.