Maxi

TOMsGPTurbo

• 1 Locate all the mold. In addition to obvious areas, you might find it on the bottom of the seat or behind the cloth that covers the seat. Sniff the upholstery to find where the strongest musty odor is coming from, and look for stains on the upholstery.
    • 2 Open car doors to let the upholstery dry and air out. Mold feeds on moist surfaces, so drying the surface is essential to removing mold. Clean the upholstery in a well-ventilated area, leaving your car doors open. Wear gloves and a HEPA filter mask, available at hardware stores.
    • 3 Make a solution of 1 part vinegar and 1 part hot water. Apply the solution to moldy areas with a clean rag to kill the mold. Dry the areas completely, and throw the rag away in a sealed plastic bag.
    • 4 Check your auto parts store for a cleaner designed to remove mold from upholstery. Spray the cleaner on the moldy surface, then scrub the area with a brush. Repeat as many times as you need to, but don't allow your upholstery to become too wet, or mold could form again.
    • 5 Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove any excess water or cleaning solution. Park your car in a sunny area with all the doors open to make sure it dries completely. Install a new air filter in your car.

Read more: How to Clean Mold Out of Car Upholstery | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4494047_clean-mold-out-car-upholstery.html#ixzz1X9gdY3Ak

Members dont see this ad

Thanks blzbub666 :y: I found a similar process but nowhere near as detailed as that, thanks heaps!

LOL cabonboy, I started this race in 2003!!! I reckoning its between me and you for sure, 20v4agteEL31 has it in the bag!

WOW :o 20v4agteEL31 DEAL!! you're a champion!!! Name your carton! :y:

Any time (besides 8-5 M-F) is ok to send her my way, do you know of a good tow truck?

:dance: :dance: <-- this is how i'm feeling right now!

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Thanks blzbub666 :y: I found a similar process but nowhere near as detailed as that, thanks heaps!

LOL cabonboy, I started this race in 2003!!! I reckoning its between me and you for sure, 20v4agteEL31 has it in the bag!

WOW :o 20v4agteEL31 DEAL!! you're a champion!!! Name your carton! :y:

Any time (besides 8-5 M-F) is ok to send her my way, do you know of a good tow truck?

:dance: :dance: <-- this is how i'm feeling right now!

Glad this makes you happy. Send me your address and we'll get it under way.

Hi Onikage,

OK, lets start with the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) here is an abstract from "A guide to the Japanese Export Market":

A Japanese vehicle must be re-registered after the first three years of purchase, then every two years after that. The cost of re-registration is approx. US$1,500. To most Japanese, this cost is a waste when the vehicle is 7 or 9 years old, so a new vehicle is preferred over registration as a result. Since it is difficult to re-sell a 7 or 9 year old vehicle in Japan.

I haven't been able to find any concrete evidence, but it is rumoured that only 6000 GP Turbo's were produced from 1987 to 1990 only for Japan, the cars that weren't crushed were exported, that number is any ones guess.

You basically have two types of GP Turbo's one is the Corsa and the other Corolla II - differences are front and rear bars. (anyone, feel free to add more differences)

The GP Turbo ran a 1.5ltr, SOHC, 12valve, 4cyl Turbo known as a 3ETE, drive was to the front wheels and driveline saw both Auto and 5sp manual.

Because I'm energy efficient I found the following info for you:

http://blog.retro-classics.co.nz/?p=248

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Glad this makes you happy. Send me your address and we'll get it under way.

No problems, PM Sent (sorry for late reply, I had a crazy weekend)

Maxi! :D

I think last I saw this car was driving away from Yatala pies in ~2003 with a smokey turbo.

I'd love to see it out and about again :)

The turbo wasn't that smokey :rolls: most likely tyre smoke you remember :happy:

For sure irokin, he will be coming along next year to the the track day to race that dirty nissan! :P

Do you mean this Yatala Pies cruise! :y:

med_gallery_5_250_6277.jpg

My wife bought me a one of those online coupons to get the car washed (interior cleaned, outside washed and waxed)..... have a guess what I'm thinking lol :laff:

You didn't.....did you? :lolcry:

With a bit of love, she shines right back up :happy:

Damn..... she cleans up a real treat! :happy:

Hauled out from cover, cleaned up, parts car coming, sounds suspiciously like it will be out & about again soon! :wink:

lol carbonboy, someone tipped him off and he cancelled all his vouchers :rolls: so I have to request a refund

Ummm, I'm sorta like the 'old' you, get really excited and commence a project and then finish it over .... what is it now...ahhh bought the car in 2001 ..... 10years later lol :lolcry:

This is for you Carbonboy, I know only you will enjoy this picture! :

post-5-0-05669200-1316248941_thumb.jpg

Think I might be going crazy with my old age, I'm thinking of putting this back into the car..

post-5-0-71177100-1316248986_thumb.jpg

Had a visit today from 20v4agteEL31 who brought me a pressie:

post-5-0-18682400-1316249140_thumb.jpg

Yes Xmas has come early at my house :happy: ... well I sorta knew it was coming and in my excitement I couldn't sleep :blush: lol only had 3hrs sleep ..... in my tired and way to excited state I started to take the stuff I need to get Maxi going and began with the engine loom... 2hrs later I walked past maxi and saw one sitting in a box :bash:... . I moved onto the interior and took off the wheel (the boss kit wasn't even finger tight!!!) indicator stalk and other bits that I need... the restoration has official begun!

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo
  • Upvote 1