Ke20 Brake Drums

G'day all. I have a 1973 Ke20 with jap diff/brakes and I'm in need of some new rear brake drums. So I bought a new set which is part no: RDA1737, but they are a little different to my original ones. (more like Ke30).

The difference is that the stud holes are a fraction off and the drum is a bit higher.

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my problem?

Thanks.

Members dont see this ad

There seem to be two diff types for the KE20, the Jap spec and the built outside Japan spec ie the Borg Warner spec.

I am no authority on parts differences but maybe you have drums for a Borg Warner spec diff/axle rather than the Jap spec diff/axle.

I have an OE parts catalogue somewhere at hiome and if you can bear with me for a day or so I will have a look see if there are any alternative part numbers noted

It appears that there is just one common brake drum for the KE series cars with the part number 42431 - 12011.

I could not find a part number for the front brake drums on the very early cars and suspect it might be the same as the rear.

Out of interest, the TE series cars use a slightly different brake drum with the part number 42431 - 14010 and the two can get muddled.

Hope this is of some help.