Increasing Length Of Brake Master Pushrod

Hi fellas, I have just purchased a new master cylinder which I have made an adapter plate to bolt it to the standard booster in my 79 ke55. The question I have is how do you remove the brake master pushrod so I can make up a longer one?? I pull it out as far as I can and it stops. Do I need to remove the seal at the front of the booster? Cheers for your help

Members dont see this ad

Does the pushrod not have a thread in it for adjustment? I think they normally do. just have a good look at the end of it and see if it can be turned and undone.

And before you ask, yes i am talking about the master cylinder side not the pedal side. Both normally have an adjustment.

The question I have is how do you remove the brake master pushrod so I can make up a longer one?? I pull it out as far as I can and it stops. Do I need to remove the seal at the front of the booster? Cheers for your help

Yep, gently pull the rubber boot/seal off and you should see a wire retaining clip.

Pull the clip out(be careful as the piston may slide out too) and you're gold.

• Upvote 1