Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants to play a game? Dodgiest suspension and steering set up wins.

post-24088-0-59047800-1461398938_thumb.jpgpost-24088-0-57300700-1461398546_thumb.jpg

Xt130 sleeve kit which gets nowhere near enough low. Extended tie rod tube and lca, cut rca (to accomodate bolt size?? Fk knows...), and that sway bar link ???? fairly impressive stuff if i do say so myself.

Had a chat to the guys at Shockworks yesterday, won me over with ease after being taken for a spin in a customers AE86. Ill be ordered new coilovers and adjustable rear seats/springs in the coming weeks.

So homies, looking for a pair of 86 struts asap!! To be used as the platform. Help a brother out ????????

Will also be investing in some AJPS tie rod ends, kelway knuckles, lock spacers and new rcas. Probably also a whiteline sway bar up front while I'm at it and of course new sway bar link.

A couple questions,

What sway bar link will i need?

Will i be able i be able use to factory ae86 tie rod tubes due to the ajps tie rod ends being adjustable?

Anything ive missed or any recommendations please speak up!

Cheers guys

Holy shit that's a mess.

Think you're on the money with your set up.

If you need more length in your rack end/tie rod combo RA60 rack ends are a direct bolt in and 28mm longer than stock.

You can probably buy Superpro generic sway bar links off the shelf at supercheap.

Actually theyll probably only do the bushEs, this kit will work, cut it to desired length and add bushes of choice.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291291796735&alt=web

Holy shit that's a mess.

Think you're on the money with your set up.

If you need more length in your rack end/tie rod combo RA60 rack ends are a direct bolt in and 28mm longer than stock.

You can probably buy Superpro generic sway bar links off the shelf at supercheap.

Actually theyll probably only do the bushEs, this kit will work, cut it to desired length and add bushes of choice.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291291796735&alt=web

Sweet thanks dude ill start hunting for some ra60 gear

• 2 weeks later...

Started repairing the rust section under the right tail light on the weekend. got as far as welding in the clean section i cut off the shell.

post-24088-0-58436700-1462153514_thumb.png

post-24088-0-54357800-1462153626_thumb.jpg

post-24088-0-63666700-1462153734_thumb.jpg

post-24088-0-62546100-1462154704_thumb.jpg

I don't know why the photos keep flipping upside down, i tried rotating then before i upload them.and they still remain upside down. Anyway, my AE86 struts should be arriving today, ill be disassembling them tonight and taking the bottom leg to shockworks so they can make a start on my coilovers...

I also bought shell number 3 last week ???? I salvaged what will make up most of my fuel system (surge tank, efi pump, low pressure pump). Also a large (22mm from memory) front sway bar, catch can and a few other bits and pieces. The rest of the shell i have given to a mate who's also starting a build.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update, finished repairing all the rust on the rear rhs, currently in final primer and will recieve colour on the next couple days!????

post-24088-0-39662800-1463355506_thumb.jpg

I also finally got tyres on the new rims which arrived a couple weeks ago. Work equip 01 with 195/45r15 Kumho ku31 tyres, i was hoping to find toyo t1r's in the same size but i got fkd around massively by a certain tyre supplier so i settled for the kumho's. Ive heard mixed opinions on them but i guess time will tell if theyre any good.

post-24088-0-39439500-1463356004_thumb.jpg

Also took the old girl for her first drive in almost 3 months, such a good feeling to have it back on the road and suprisingly running pretty well! Last time i drove it it was bogging down under heavy acceleration so a mate and i had a little fiddle with the carbies a few weeks ago. Still could use a bit more tuning but this will do for now.

post-24088-0-14717600-1463356182_thumb.jpg

In other news

-Coilovers still being made

-Ra60 rack end acquired

-t18 rear bumper acquired, need to make bumper mounts

-"TEQ" horn button in post ????

Need to get ae86 hubs and brakes sorted now. I was thinking of getting the billet ae86 racing hubs from t3 because theyre pretty much the same price as the oem ones they offer, but are light and come with bearings.

As for brakes I'm leaning towards the rx7 kit from ajps, will probably be worth while once the car is boosted. What do you guys reckon?

post-24088-0-95111500-1463356287_thumb.jpg

Applied paint a couple days ago, pretty happy with the outcome ???? don't get me wrong itsfar from show quality but I'm happy with my efforts.

Before:

post-24088-0-44660300-1463651017_thumb.jpg

After:

post-24088-0-29286600-1463651647_thumb.jpg

It will need to be wet sanded to blend and then cut and polished but i will leave the paint to cure for a few weeks.

Picked up these gorgeous things last friday????

post-24088-0-93540400-1464167188_thumb.jpg

Production quality is absolutely amazing! Many thanks to Chris and Brett from Shockworks. Ive installed the rears and its sitting (and riding) considerably nicer. The whole rear end really needs to.be stiffened up a lot, bent panhard rod and toothpick factory sway bar really not cutting it.

Still gathering coin for brakes, hubs, replacent RCAs, and knuckles. Hopefully only a few weeks away.

In the mean time ive given my rear bumper a bit of a tidy up and will start making the mounts this week. Here's a bit of a test fit ????

post-24088-0-00713500-1464167828_thumb.png

How much extra did they charge you for the lowers with stubs? I bought there last set of normal production ones which were much shorter.

I provided my own ae86 lower leg and stub so they didnt charge any extra. What do you mean their normal production ones? Whats the overall length of the entire unit?

Nice fabrication skills mate. Enjoyable to read.

I have never had the patience to fix rust and dents. I usually fix it just enough so it looks OK and won't rust until I sell the car:p

Thanks man, ive always been really intrested in restoration and just wanted to practice getting my technique down so i took my time, and I'm glad i did 😊 But once the front guards are flared and painted, and my suspension and steering is set up, ill be turning my attention away from the body and to getting the new motor in and the rest of the driveline set up

Edited by Adske