Upright K Series In Ke10?

Don't know if anyone can help, but I'm sure I read somewhere that by using an engine mount from a different ke will upright the k in a ke10 a little... Wondering if anyone knows if this is true.. or the combination to do so? Just looking for a little more room for turbo... And don't want it too upright or else shifter will be on too much of an angle.. cheers

Members dont see this ad

Don't know about the KE10 but when i swapped my engine in my KE20 for a KP61 engine with KP61 engine mounts, my exhaust hit the steering box--> a bit more upright than the stock ke20 mounts, but not much..

you could just shim the exhaust side engine mount a bit.... ?

Build it, then make a mount to fit. That is easier than trying to fit exhausts & inlets into a sub-standard place.

You can easily bend the shifter with a welding torch.. its the sump that would need more work. I don't know how the gearbox lube system would handle it, but it has been done.

post-7544-0-34921000-1463098112_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-53040500-1463098120_thumb.jpg

not sure of your particular setup, but if a fairly standard carb is in use, I would advise against it, as the carby requires a level surface or the fuel level will be too low in the primary throat. Then again you may have a completely different setup and not have this problem.

Build is going slow... Don't h3 a heap of cash to throw at it at once so it's bits and pieces every now and then.. trying to sort fuel system out now... Going to put a new hard line in for feed but not sure what size? I have read to use 8mm but the standard line seems to be 8mm... So I'm guessing I'll go next size up...

I have read to use 8mm but the standard line seems to be 8mm... So I'm guessing I'll go next size up...

I left the Ke70 lines stock and they feed a 4AGE without trouble. That's with a lift pump pushing the fuel forward to the main pump in the engine bay, maybe it wouldn't suck so well by itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of cut and shut engine mounts that upright the KE70 motor and early oil pump where the pick up pipe can be turned to suit the upright sump don't know if they will work for a KE10

post-1013-0-77632300-1464488923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crostek

• 2 weeks later...