2Tgeu Ke70 Conversion (Pics)

Hey all,

Its been a while since I've posted anything.

Currently converting my Ke70 to 2tgeu, thought i would chuck some photos up.

Pulling the 4k out.

BlUJlex.jpg

O6PdPg8.jpg

86 Bumper, primed and ready for paint.

lRV1J4j.jpg

New carpet installed, also replaced the grotty door cards with clean ae71 ones with door pockets. (not pictured)

bwiBoAI.jpg

New custom badge, i don't know if i like it.

Rz3PSni.jpg

pVMSj05.jpg

New Radiator

fZcNBXb.jpg

Picked up this 2tgeu for $400 with t50, full exhaust, loom, stock ECU, and cross-member with wheels!

ogYPgau.jpg

A bit of cleaning up, sorted out some wiring

rYUgVe8.jpg

Test Mounting on stock 4k cross-member - fits well - not alot of room for clutch master cyl.

1GIY4UA.jpg

pUc67yi.jpg

Removing pedal box (what a nightmare)

ce8LGUD.jpg

updates to come

Edited by [email protected]

Members dont see this ad

...and for next time you've learnt you don't have to pull all the dash out to change pedal boxes.. A dog of a job!

Who wants to be first to remote the clutch master to the passenger's side. It just needs a length of tube across under the dash to a master cyl in the LHD position.

Looking forward to seeing the bumper on sometime.

Nice project, just a little info the k series crossmember is not ideal for mounting the t series motors but you can remount or use

a conversion kit to get the motor and gearbox position and mounting a lot better, if you want it engineered for road use.

Nice project, just a little info the k series crossmember is not ideal for mounting the t series motors but you can remount or use

a conversion kit to get the motor and gearbox position and mounting a lot better, if you want it engineered for road use.

Couldn't you use the T18 crossmember?

I like this project. Have considered doing the exact same thing to our 70 track car, but am going down the hot 4k path.

Gee you got that engine and gearbox package cheap! Was that from an importer? Are you keeping the stock Efi system?

Thanks guys.

I was lucky enough to score it off gumtree. The motor was in a ke30, so it has mounts to suit the k cross-member. Just waiting on the Ae71 gearbox cross-member to arrive and it'll all be bolted in. Ae71 Tail shaft and gear stick lined up perfectly.

I have been looking into Willwood compact remote clutch masters, so i can run the reservoir on the passenger side or where the 4k coil sits. Any idea on what bore size i should be looking for?

The plan is to block off the dizzy and run coil packs, there is a guy in the US selling trigger wheels for these engines with VR sensor mounts. Just need to get the right length coils, thinking 94 Toyota Paseo like this pic of a 3t

eH9KhPu.jpg

Plan is to stay efi, eventually change computer and go MAF sensor. But all advise is appreciated.

Got a bit more done today:

Installed xt130 LCA's, mounted the gearbox. The car is now back on its wheels... for now.

WrqGgTj.jpg

How the Sump sits

2qgoLGH.jpg

H1m1YYK.jpg

Rear Shot. DX Taillights. Staying bumper-less

u4qXeHu.jpg

Mounted fuel pressure gauge

tgQIM41.jpg

Painted my headers white, then proceeded to get dirty fingerprints all over them...

qqD6ML4.jpg

Still a lot more to do.. need to get my fuel situation sorted, then start on wiring... the list doesn't end!

0nuHvW3.jpg

More to come...

Looks awesome man! Always wanted to put an 18RG in mine but just havent got the motivation for it atm. and its already running a 4age with 45mm webers carbs. Good to know a motor of about the same size will fit tho. :)

Small update.

Installed my boot and fuel cap release cables, and polished my interior. Wanted to get more done but just ran out of time.

I couldn't find any photos of how to install these cables, so i took some on the way. I'm yet to finish the fuel cap, if anyone has photos to clarify please pm me.

ZFW0TYb.jpg

A60WLUy.jpg

XlXoiUz.jpg

rcUMPa7.jpg

TuarUos.jpg

SNMwYda.jpg

d3aPDvu.jpg

More to come...

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some cheap suspension this week.

Ae86 struts with weld on coilover kit from a JDM Levin imported at 120,000 kms for $150. stoked.

Started cleaning and repainting

HJJ1wjP.jpg

jQnKOM5.jpg

Compared to standard KE strut

5o1Atxh.jpg

a6s3YBU.jpg

rgABK09.jpg

Still need knuckles, tie rods and caliper mounts with backing plates. Already have ADM calipers ready to go.

Also picking up an RA60 Sway bar tonight... 24mm stiffness :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I hope so Wayne..

I'm not to worried for now, i just wanna get the thing running. Onces shes hot, ill adjust tappets and go from there.. I may just send the head off for a complete freshen up anyway.

Ive sourced a mate to help me change the internals over if the time comes, but if i have to go down that road ill be swapping it out for 3t crank, forged internals and then up the compression.

Finally sourced a towbar, turns out a bloke had one around the corner!!

Still needs a coat of paint, but it mounts up sweet. Not sure if OEM

ejJW62M.jpg

Customised my stock throttle cable. Ended up cutting to size then just smashing a nut on the end with a hammer to lock it off.

Holds up for now, good enough until i source the right one.

wedOoxJ.jpg

4Tae4z1.jpeg

MlUVPus.jpeg