2Tgeu Ke70 Conversion (Pics)

Did you try dropping a few squirts of oil down the spark plug hole, and comp test again?

I would also turn the cams to base circle on both sides or TDC, and check the valves are returning all the way home. Might need a very light tap to see if they are siezed open.

Call me if you need a better explanation

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Got a little more done over the Christmas break.

Steering and brake parts arrived from t3; OEM hubs and bearings, billet caliper brackets, zero ackerman ae86 knuckels, t3 rose joint tie rods

SwTrLev.jpg

Halfway through installing

KRzubx7.jpg

Drivers side. JDM 17mm Slotted rotor. Modded ADM Caliper. Shaved 3mm off each pad to fit

VCWTEhV.jpg

yLgtrqE.jpg

hyyuUGs.jpg

Relocated my wiper wash and overflow reservoirs to either side of the radiator to make room for an air-box.

n9fvh2M.jpg

oV7nACb.jpg

ZdV2hNF.jpg

Replaced my Thermo Fan with a much nicer fitting unit.

rDBXlIJ.jpg

Started to mock-up an air-box design. I am still looking for a stock air-box from a te71/2, or RA Celica, but if all fails ill just get this made in aluminum.

nqq8UpJ.jpg

5aWbZ9u.jpg

Had a new clutch line made as i snapped the one that came with the gearbox trying to bend it to shape. Much cleaner to look at now

mwgQT4Q.jpg

Painted my venetians black to mach the rest of the colour scheme.

AR0UtMp.jpg

lzXn2UU.jpg

h081n2i.jpg

Android 18 on the rear parcel shelf

pP3hxpE.jpg

Got started on my fuel system. Ill be running a VL in-tank lift pump to a surge tank, then a Bosch 707 from the surge to the fuel rail, with a filter in the engine bay.

Got the tank out

Q16enFv.jpg

Cut the filter off, and installed the lift pump at the same length

8MKfmnh.jpg

Now i just need a few more hoses and in-tank wiring stuff to finish it off.

As she sits now

rcSCFR9.jpg

I also recently purchased a 3tgte sump with oil returns, and am waiting on a 3tgte crank, 2tgeu lighted flywheel to arrive, for eventual turbo once the things running.

If anyone has a 3t turbo manifold hit me up!

All of my pedals are now plumbed up, steering is sorted (just need an alignment), front brakes are in, now all thats left is:

1. New door seals
  2. finish front bumper mounts
  3. install & wire rear number plate lights
  4. Tail lights/reverse light wiring
  5. Fill gearbox with oil
  6. Add Coolant
  7. Ignition wiring
  8. Finish Fuel
  9. Diff upgrade + rear brakes + LSD (down the track)

• more i can't remember

Still a lot to do, but once i get the fuel system sorted ill send it off to get professionally wired up to save the hassle.

I just want to drive the thing again.

More to come.

Edited by [email protected]

I do so love a 2TG(EU) project. Maybe I'm biased.

Hayden just thinking out loud - have you run a flexible line at all between your clutch master and slave? I can't quite see in your photo.

If not, the engine will move when running and ultimately fatigue the hard line.

I used a TA22 flexible line to the slave, and then ran a short hard line to the master via a cleat bolted to the firewall with two circlips on the flexible line so as to disallow movement.

Hayden just thinking out loud - have you run a flexible line at all between your clutch master and slave? I can't quite see in your photo.

I haven't. I was thinking the same thing, there is a fair bit of flex in the line, but it will slowly become an issue if i leave it as is.

My mate Adam just realised his t50 slave is on his passenger side, on his current 4age ke70 build. He already purchased a braided clutch line for a drivers side slave, so i think i will just buy the braided line of him and install that when i can be bothered. The braided line has plenty of flex, and will look heaps nicer.

• 10 months later...