1978 Toyota Cressida Mx32

silverra23

Its probably not the done thing any more, but I still like to keep a build thread on my rides so I remember what I did to them along the journey!

So introducing my latest acquistion, a very clean 1978 MX32 Cressida.

I wanted to get something I could put the kids in the back of, that had power steering and aircon, and was generally going to be a comfortable family cruiser.

This popped up on ebay for quite a bit of cash, and was all the way over in Albany WA. But it looked immaculate and I fell in love. Spoke with the owners and they had bought it from a car yard, who had bought it from the original owner, an old bloke who had handed in his licence. They were going to let their daughter learn to drive in it, but after a few people told them they had a gem on their hands, they decided to resell it. Apparently the power (!!) was a bit too much for her too.

A bit of research (thanks Loz!) told me it was less than a grand to get the car delivered door to door from Albany to Melbourne, so a deal was done and I was the proud new owner of this gorgeous Cressy. She took about three weeks to get over to me, and involved 4 trucks and a train. Not bad value really!!

When it arrived it was even cleaner than I hoped. Extremely clean. Drives really well, though man its a boat! I guess I wanted plush, but this is not so much plush as aquatic.

Plans? Lower it. Nice wheels. A Nardi. Some kind of arrangement for sounds, though the radio is perfectly adequate. An electronic dizzy conversion, and that will do for the moment. 1UZ dreams one day maybe?!

First mod was fitting baby seat bolts in the back parcel shelf. Oh how life has changed :)

Will let the photos do the talking for now...

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5448.JPG

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5443.JPG

IMG_5434.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...