K7

Brodie day

hi

i have done lots of research on what motor to put in my ke70 I'm looking for something that will go onto the trans i have and fit on the engine blocks that are in the car from its original 4k that i have

don't want to go super fast just something like a 2L or 1.8L with electronic intake not a carb

just looking to here some ideas from you guys and what you would do

post-24119-0-66587700-1467635793_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Wiki says a 4K-C does 43KW at 5200rpm & 90NM of torque. The 7K produces 60KW at only 4600rpm & 140NM at 2800.

So yes, a grunty motor but remember its from a van, so its not going to be a sporty revvy motor in a car. You could change the cam, but you'll never overcome the problem of the long stroke. They also mention the bigger gearbox to haul loads in a van.

You can get that 60KW out of a 5K at 5200rpm, but not as much torque. Its a nice idea for a motor upgrade, a lot easier than fitting the 4AGE, but a long way from the 85 or 90KW you get.

Anything you can bolt to the standard gearbox, unless you get it really cheap, is not worth bothering with. In my opinion. It's just too old and slow!

A 4age and t50 bolts in with the correct combination of parts and will transform the car dramatically.

1- Find 5K and buy it

2-Pull out 4K, drop in 5K

3-drive away...

I'd pop the head off the 5K and check everything, do a valve grind and a little porting, fit a Weber carb, get the cam ground while its all apart, fit extractors and a sports exhaust. That's the usual plan for warming up a K motor.

The 5K is basically a 4K with a bigger bore, and usually with hydraulic tappets. They have two types of dished pistons that act as the combustion chamber, the shallow O-dish and the deeper D-dish, so the heads are very shallow. Everything else like crank, bearings, timing chains is 4K.

You can bore your 4K block to take the 5K pistons, but arguments are for and against because it makes the walls thin.

Search for 5K conversions on here and PM the guys concerned, some of them have done great things with them. Tommy pulled 130RWHP out of his here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/19886-my-ke-11/page__hl__%205k__st__390

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...