Ke3X-5X Silvia Struts & Brakes Upgrade?

I've researched a lot about brake upgrades and was most likely going to go XT130/RT132 as it is probably the most common upgrade.

But then I seen on the main wiki page Silvia brakes & struts is a "fairly straightforward swap" but from what I have found everywhere else they are actually far from it.

I figured if it's made it to the wiki page it must have some truth to it, Reason for considering it is that you can pickup Silvia coilovers and brakes for throw away change compared to going the Corona route.

The info is on this page: http://www.rollaclub...ont_Disc_Brakes

• Silvia/200sx struts, brakes. This is apparently a fairly straightforward swap. For some photos, look at Craig's Datsun 1200 on Planet FookStar
  • If using Silvia/200sx struts, then the many many brake upgrade options from there (Skyline etc)

Unfortunately the website is down so I can't find any photos.

Any info greatly appreciated cheers.

Edited by MichaelR31

Members dont see this ad

Lots of ke70 guys do it because it's cheap. But it ruins all your front end steering geometry.

If you're gonna build it to be a daily I'd look at the xt option as it's far closer to the standard setup.

If it's a drift hack track thrasher then the silvia stuff would probably do.

Lots of ke70 guys do it because it's cheap. But it ruins all your front end steering geometry.

If you're gonna build it to be a daily I'd look at the xt option as it's far closer to the standard setup.

If it's a drift hack track thrasher then the silvia stuff would probably do.

It's going on club rego but not going to be put sideways, At least for a while. So theres no way to get the steering good with the Silvia gear?

Bugger I thought R33 GTS calipers in the front with R31 calipers on the R31 diff in the rear would have been a nice match up lol.