Rust Repair - Nsw

nomis

Does anyone recommend a good place to get rust repair done around Sydney region?

Or are there any Toyota enthusiasts who would like to help me out with their special skills? :) You will be compensated of course.

Have a KE10 and TA22 i would like to get back on the road.

Thank you in advance.

Members dont see this ad

That's a tough one... You really need a $500 TAFE course in welding to learn the basics, then a MIG. Best bet is to borrow or hire one rather than buy one straight away, you need to build up enough experience before deciding how much to spend as a cheap MIG is hard to use.

We're keeping an eye out for welding shops selling stuff and farm clearance auctions.

If you have those cars to do and you're under 30 then doing it yourself for the rest of your life will be a great investment. Paying someone $70/hr will send you broke and make the cars completely uneconomic.

Hopefully there is someone in Sydney that can help with loaning you a welder for a few months and helping you learn about it.

Rust repairs are very time consuming. And thus end up quite expensive at a reputable panel shop. If you earn good money then its not too much of an issue. Altezza club is right $70 is actually lower end of the scale.

Learn yourself, borrow a welder practice on scraps and watch/read online. The hardest bit is actually shaping your repairs. if you have complex curves and folds it becomes very tedious.

Yup rust repair and in general body work are a true art. Ive had a few quites done from body shops and just about fainted. I did some fairly successful welding with a cheap mig welder. Good ebough to stop the rust for as long as i had the car. But wouldnt surprise me if the rust is back now;)

Argh.. well that is annoying but i guess it is what it is.

I really don't feel like my amateur skills will do these old classics justice even if i practice.

So if anyone is in Sydney and would like to offer their skills it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the info guys.