Is Ebay The Best Option To Get New Door Seals?

bingo

Hey guys,

Total newbie here. I've wanted Ke20/25 for over 10 years now and I just purchased a 74' Te27 so I'm super stoked. She's in great condition however the door seals definitely need replacing and one of the hood bumpers is missing. I live in Vancouver Canada - is ebay the best place to get these? It seems like you can only get them from Thailand so the shipping costs are astronomical.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Welcome!

eBay isn't the best place, and seal quality and availability is probably (almost) the most talked about early Corolla topic on the forums. After market seals have roughly the correct external shape, but none of the complexity of an OEM seal. However they are essentially all that is available. There are endless debates about the relative quality of the thai rubbers, and various aftermarket sellers in Australia, who may or may not be selling on the thai rubbers at a markup.

Occasionally something comes up on eBay. I think the door seals in Adelaide Australia are genuine, but check with the seller. Mind you he wants $140 each, and they have been for sale for a couple of years. Actually a quick look shows only one is currently for sale. http://www.ebay.com....QMAAOSwnNBXXT3I

I got some genuine door and luggage compartment seals from Joel at toysport in the past, but that was some years ago now. Cabe Toyota in the US is another place to try. They had rear quarter seals, again some years ago. Worth a query at least. Screen seals I have only seen on yahoo Japan and then less than a handful over many years.

Sometimes you need to think a little outside the square. I got a rear luggage compartment seal for my KE15 from Portugal. It's actually for a Corona, but the same profile and style of seal only longer. The genuine seals were cut anyway, so will do the trick.

Otherwise it is a matter of endless trawling various auction sites and international parts suppliers on the off chance something comes up.

Anything in a "Toyota general parts" bag is aftermarket.

The days of doing up old Toyota's on the cheap are long past.

Edited by parrot

I just purchased front and rear screen seals for $130 each US.from Cabe Toyota in long beach. the door seals I used on my SR5 TE27 fit perfectly. one side has green plastic clips, the other had red...for passenger and driver side. I wish I could tell you where I got them from but it was probably Rick at Toyhead auto.....he still has them listed on his website as available.......disregard that...just checked, he does offer them but they do not come with plastic clips. try o get pictures prior to buying and check out what type of clips they have.....if they have the green and red clips, should be good.

• 4 months later...