Techno Toy Tuning - Ke25/te27 Front Coil Overs?

bingo

Hey guys,

I'm researching the best solution to lower the front end of my Te27 and have come across Techno Toys. They offer Te27 coil over conversion kits and I wanted to know if anyone has any reviews or opinions on them. You can check out their kit here: https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/te27/front-coilover-conversion-te27

It looks like you'd still need to buy camber plates.

If anyone has any thoughts on this product then i'd be interested to hear them.

cheers

Members dont see this ad

Gotta remember that the main reason people go coilovers and a weld on sleave is to use short stroke shocks. Your oem shocks will be super long and if you want to lower the car you will most likely bottom out your shocks as the shock body is too long. A secondary reason is so that you can use a spring with less diameter so you can add some front camber if you desire.

So you really should be designing your coil over system around a particular shock absorber that you want to run. Ie one that fits in the tube and is shorter.

All of this needs to be planned out in regards to where you want the car to sit and more importantly where you want the shock absorber to sit in its travel when you are at static ride height. gotta think about how much bump and rebound travel you want. Generally you want it around 1/3 rebound travel and 2/3 bump travel. most cars with coil overs you see getting around bouncing all over the road don't have enough rebound travel.

Then you cut the shock tube to suit the new shock absorber length, re weld the gland nut thread back on (so you can hold the shock in). Then you weld on your coilover kit in the right spot so that you can set your desired ride height.

I'm afraid i can't really comment on the ke25/te27 shock setup, on my old ae86/ke70 setup i used some MR2 rear shock absorbers that happened to suit my shock tube and my height requirements.

I would 100% recommend to go with a pair of fortune auto v500 coilovers. they are base height adjustable so you can adjust the ride height without altering the pre-tension on the spring. just cut the old strut off a few inches up from the base and weld the new steel section on. all pre-valved for whatever spring rate you order so really couldn't be easier and the quality for the price is second to none. I discovered them a few years ago and have used about 4 sets so far of different cars. they are an American company so should be easy and cheap for you as well.

If they are not listed they have done custom sets for me in the past no problems.

-Phil

At the moment i am building a pair from scratch for my corolla. I have all ready posted photos on my thread build but they are not ready yet. What you can do which is a more cheaper thing in my opinion find a front coils which are all ready done for another car whit almost same dimensions and make them fit the hub you want. i.e boring the hub to fit the coil overs.