Which Engine Conversion Is "easiest"?

MickCStephens

G'day everyone,

I thought id throw this question out there as ive had a think about it an am unsure.

Which engine conversion would you say is the "Easiest" ie Best Value for the KE70?

I know this is a very hard question to answer and there are many variables.

I am assuming from all the 4AGE series conversion that that is the best value and easiest.

If I was to drop my car off at a mechanic and ask for all work to be done, which engine conversion would be best value for money and take the least amount of time (ie Money) to install ?

What do you think?

Members dont see this ad

A 4age conversion is bolt in but only when you have tracked down all of the parts, and these days you can't just go to the wreckers and buy them all. they just crush old corollas these days.

Took me like 18mths to find all the parts for my 4age conversion and this was like 5yrs ago...

• Upvote 1

A bigger K motor would have to be the easiest, and the 4AGE the most common. A better bet is the 3SGE nowdays.

I'm not sure a 4AGE would be any cheaper if you were to pay your local mechanic, but ask a hot-rod builder. They could drop in a wide range of motors for the same price.

From driving a Pulsar SR20 SSS as a daily I'd say they make a great candidate if you want to go further out.

For getting a post-2005 or newer motor I reckon an MX5 motor and box would be the best. There is a great lack of modern, small RWD options now, so most K & 4AGE motors & boxes you get will be worn out.

Edited by altezzaclub