3K Fuel Pump Overhaul

Hillynath

I purchased a seal kit for the fuel pump in my 3k. However upon dismantling it, the diaphragm seems to be attached permanently and doesn't seem to have a way of being removed.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have a NOS goss kit, part number 955kt which is supposed to be for a 3k.

Members dont see this ad

Nathan,

Just looked up the "yellow" Toyota 3K bible & it doesn't help. Only tells you how to test it.

How about trying to remove the lever arm, by driving out the pivot pin, & then extracting the lever arm.

When I'm down the shed in an hour or so, I'll have a look, as I'm sure I've got one stripped down in a box somewhere.

Cheers Banjo

Ahh thanks for having a look, much appreciated!

As for taking out the pivot pin that was going to be my next step, but surely Denso designed these to be servicable easier.

If you have one let me know how you go.

I'm trying to upload a photo or two but am using the mobile version from my phone at the moment. With luck a photo should upload with this post.

Damn, no luck with the photo. Here is a link to the same as the fuel pump I have here in pieces.

I have a 4k here also but the pump is slightly different with just barbed fittings rather than the threaded fitting on the 3k pump.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/New-OEM-QUALITY-Mechanical-Fuel-Pump-For-Toyota-Corolla-KE30-KE35-1-2L-3K-C-/151771433480?nav=SEARCH