Ke70 Auto To Manual Transmission Swap

Western Revheads

^ Plus with temperature changes and vibration it'll Crack and fall out anyway. As well it will not stop the rust from spreading further..

Generally you're best off not to touch rust unless you want to fix it properly otherwise it just ends up worse. If you can't weld it yourself just save until you can pay someone else to do it, otherwise you end up in a cycle of repairing it every couple months as it falls apart

Members dont see this ad

Yep- If you haven't got access to a welder then at least fibreglass over it before you fill.

Bog itself has little strength and poor adhesion over big holes. Fibreglass has a lot more strength and is more flexible so it can move with the steel, especially if you can get it on both sides of the metal. I used it on the holes around the boot of the gold KE70, they were in the same spots.

yeah , I know I probably should have welded some new metal into the C pillar area, but to be honest, I only did it to get the car looking good to get a RWC, shhhhh, plus if I roll the car, the car crushing in the back corner is gonna be the least of my problems, the car has no safety features of any kind, no airbag, no collapse able steering column, doesn't even have the best crumple zones if any, being a large hood area with it mostly empty helps but not if there is a crash over 60kph.

anyway, I did get the car to learn and experiment on, so if the bog in the C Pillar area cracks and falls out, then I'll replace it with some metal or fiberglass, as for the rear of the car, I'm going to do welding of new metal and brazing for the boot trim rubber area, and then fiberglass the gaps, just need to get the metal.

can anyone recommend me a metal place or what kind of metal I should get and thickness? also I have a welder, but its just a cheap Super cheap auto branded one, haven't really welded before, I know how to weld but not really done it, I do know how to braze metal together and I've done that before.

help me with recommendations please, I live in west melbourne BTW so please don't recommend metal places in NSW or Box hill ex..

Grab a similar panel off another car, even a rooted panel from a wrecker- bonnet or door. Just strip the paint off it and use that, it will be a siimilar thickness and type of steel. We've just chopped bits off the old rally Celica for panel steel.

Have a road adventure to Walcha and chop the bits you need out of a body up here!

Edited by altezzaclub