10Yrs Mango 20

tenyearguarantee

Well it's been a long time since I've had a project, but picked up this ke20 from a mate's dad looking to get rid of some vehicles.

It's had a respray at some stage, as well as new springs and discs just before he took it off the road 7 years ago and it has just sat there. Plan is just to tidy up the body, get it running and then registered.

Few things need to happen though

• Rust repairs driver's side fender
  • Driver's door fouls on fender (opened when I went to look at it the other day so don't know if it's moved during transport)
  • Grill and bumper wonky (doesn't look like from impact damage, just poorly reset)
  • Brakes have no fluid in the reservoir
  • Hasn't started for awhile so need to get it running, maybe even a 4k (someone nearby has one, what are they worth these days?)

I'm sure there will be more, but really just want to get a blue slip and get it registered to enjoy it.

Afterwards

• Twin sidies
  • Cam?
  • Exhaust?
  • Lower it by 2-3"
  • Flares and superlites or something

Not looking for something to win shows, just something to enjoy driving.

9zctdbF.jpg

FkDn4W9.jpg

1oU06ca.jpg

yzETfv5.jpg

Edited by tenyearguarantee
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Unfortunately some structural rust, hope that's it.

RVsOLhc.jpg

Looks like there are some newish bushes in there, might be good enough to get me blue slip and registered.

May need to change out the diff, box and motor, quite a few oil leaks.

To confirm, in NSW, if I swap the 3k with a 4k, I won't need an engineer's inspection right? What about putting in twin carbs?

Edited by tenyearguarantee

Going by the ncop (national) it would need to be mod plated as a 20 never came with a 4k and although minimal it is still a capacity increase.

Realistically though you would have to get a vigilant cop to notice. ... but considering its out of rego it'll be a problem before you get that far.

I thought the rule was that for an engine swap from the same family of engines, if the power increase isn't more than 20%,it doesn't need to be engineered. 3k to 4k is within this. I registered a ke35 with a 4k in Perth three years ago with no problem. Maybe the rule has changed though. I think the rules are the same Australia wide now.

Going by the ncop (national) it would need to be mod plated as a 20 never came with a 4k and although minimal it is still a capacity increase.

Realistically though you would have to get a vigilant cop to notice. ... but considering its out of rego it'll be a problem before you get that far.

Ah I see. Might be worth getting it blue slipped with the 3k then.

• 2 months later...

Well an update, found some second hand seats and a ke20 to help with some parts,

swapped the diff's out (does the auto have a different ratio to the manual?) and will save some body panels as spares.

Am currently wrecking the brown one in my profile pic out for the next couple of weeks then it's off to the wreckers.

• 1 year later...